MRJ 278

Compound2632

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 2mmMark said:

...just like buses, you wait ages and then three arrive at once...

I'm more than usually grateful to all those who made this happen.

20200423_135842a.jpg

Well, I managed 2 out of 3 in North Lincolnshire, so pretty good effort all things considered.

I'm a very happy chap.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, 2mmMark said:

...just like buses, you wait ages and then three arrive at once...

I'm more than usually grateful to all those who made this happen.

20200423_135842a.jpg

You got a paper copy of Voie Libre?

All I've had is an Email from LRPresse with a link to an online copy - I prefer paper.

On the MRJ front, I picked up my copy, as usual, at a local "corner shop".  It always amazes me that they stock it.

Dave

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Dave 46 said:

You got a paper copy of Voie Libre?

All I've had is an Email from LRPresse with a link to an online copy - I prefer paper.

On the MRJ front, I picked up my copy, as usual, at a local "corner shop".  It always amazes me that they stock it.

Dave

All three arrived this morning so if you have a VL subscription, it's probably in the UK postal system. I also got the email with the link to a Zinio online copy.  I did try it but it confirmed my view that Zinio is a slow and clumsy system which is best avoided.  A simple PDF download is a much better option, although granted it's open to abuse by people sharing the file.

• RMweb Gold
On 22/04/2020 at 13:36, Zero Gravitas said:

Significantly less than if we were to all post in the meantime that our subs copies hadn’t arrived yet...

P.S. Nothing yet in, ironically, Didcot...

P.P.S Not complaining - still enjoying the anti....ci.....pation.

Anticipation sated - arrived in Didcot this morning.

Another excellent issue - and good to see Mrs. Trellis back, as well. MRJ isn’t truly MRJ without a contribution from Mrs. T.

6 hours ago, Abergwaun said:

Moan and groan and make a fuss

talk and rabbit about seeing a bus

read your copy when it comes

meanwhile sit there on your bums

I heard (on the Grape Vine) a subs copy had arrived in Wenvoe yesterday, so creeping nearer to you.
Apparently a joyous day in Wenvoe, as there was a delivery of Crisps too.

23 hours ago, Penlan said:

I heard (on the Grape Vine) a subs copy had arrived in Wenvoe yesterday, so creeping nearer to you.
Apparently a joyous day in Wenvoe, as there was a delivery of Crisps too.

Nothing in Wenvoe yet.  I wonder if they are sending it out alphabetically in which case Wenvoe will be late but pity poor old Zennor - almost in your neck of the woods Sandy.

Not sure if it's already been remarked upon, but at the bottom of the "Small Suppliers Forum" page is ..... an email address. Is this new or have I been in self-isolation for longer than it seems?

It is, as always, another excellent issue. Thank goodness for MRJ in these troubled times.

3 hours ago, John-Miles said:

I wonder if they are sending it out alphabetically in which case Wenvoe will be late but pity poor old Zennor - almost in your neck of the woods Sandy.

Well Zennor's on the other side of the Country from me, about 10 miles away :wacko:.
Of course over there, they can always amuse themselves with tales (not tails) of Mermaids etc., 
polish up the craic ready for when the tourist come down again.
Being mindful I had a (last) copy out of PZ Smurff's on Monday, our other (small) newsagent in PZ, had 6 on the shelf yesterday, so my PA tells me.
BUT, John you've got Crisps and Bath Ales to hand, so Heaven's just around the corner.:jester:

Edited by Penlan
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 23/04/2020 at 22:14, 2mmMark said:

All three arrived this morning so if you have a VL subscription, it's probably in the UK postal system.<snip>

It arrived this morning.

Dave

4 hours ago, decauville1126 said:

Not sure if it's already been remarked upon, but at the bottom of the "Small Suppliers Forum" page is ..... an email address. Is this new or have I been in self-isolation for longer than it seems?

It is, as always, another excellent issue. Thank goodness for MRJ in these troubled times.

It has been there for some time, Wont be seeing my copy till such time as lockdowm is eased

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Apologies to everyone who is still waiting  for their MRJ 278 orders from Titfield.

There have been a series of blunders, tactical errors and boobs in the supply side of things, but I am pleased to report that packages from Cygnet were at last delivered to Studio Four, (as some of us like to call this place) about ten minutes ago.

Let battle commence!

I mean, orders will now be packed and sent out.

In the meantime the phone issue remains, the BT cloud service is much more clever than I am!!

Simon

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Can I also thanks James Hudson (Bill Hudson Books) who managed to source me a copy!

He also was the beneficiary of some more of my hard earned with a couple of belated purchases which would otherwise have been made at the York show!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 27/04/2020 at 17:15, Not Jeremy said:

Apologies to everyone who is still waiting  for their MRJ 278 orders from Titfield.

There have been a series of blunders, tactical errors and boobs in the supply side of things, but I am pleased to report that packages from Cygnet were at last delivered to Studio Four, (as some of us like to call this place) about ten minutes ago.

Let battle commence!

I mean, orders will now be packed and sent out.

In the meantime the phone issue remains, the BT cloud service is much more clever than I am!!

Simon

Hi,

Well my order has arrived and thank you for the extra item in the package. I won;t say what it was as it will spoil the suprise for others

Many thanks again for still being able to supply the goods dring these crazy times

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

If you go to my website you can do exactly that, as many have already.

I can see that a single issue does look a bit expensive at £3.60 for P&P, but this reflects the actual costs of the operation from my point of view, it is not as simple as just the postage cost. The same postage charge will however cover you for up to four MRJs.

The publisher of the magazine has much more margin to work with than do I as a retailer, which enables them to offer a potentially "better deal" per issue in the sense that I think you mean it. I think that if you did the rounds of magazine publishers with the same question you would find differing approaches and costs in this context.

And then of course you could take out a subscription, which is another way of getting the magazine more cheaply than I am able to offer it to you and everyone else.

At shows there is no postage of course, but sadly there are not currently any shows taking place due to the Coronavirus situation.

Simon

Edited by Not Jeremy
typo
  • Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

There are some concerns about availability of this issue, owing to a spike in demand which has most likely been caused by the partial shutting down of the retail news trade in the current situation.

Efforts are being made to get some copies back from the distributors, but there is no guarantee that this can take place.

Apologies to anyone who as a result may miss out on this issue, apparently new subscriptions have also increased significantly and had an adverse effect on stocks.

Who said print was dead?!

Simon

Edited by Not Jeremy
edited to reflect facts of a developing situation
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Good news, I have managed to find some more copies. We have now reinstated MRJ 278 to the website so that it may be ordered direct again.

Stock will be with me this Friday assuming all goes to plan.

Best wishes to all.

Simon

Edited by Not Jeremy
altered situation
  • Like 1