DCC concepts cobalt digital ip motors

mickey185200

Hi Mickey,

We had some issues with a part batch that were produced in late 2018.

In some cases, there is a memory loss caused by an out of spec component. Usually when a short occurs, causing a momentary spike in the DCC.

Once the issue was identified, we immediately took steps to prevent it re-occurring on future production runs.

Contact us directly via our website and we'll do our best to help.

Best Regards

The DCC Team.

p.s. Please note, before anyone asks, we are awaiting another batch of Cobalt Motors of various types from China. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 28/03/2020 at 17:30, DCCconcepts said:

p.s. Please note, before anyone asks, we are awaiting another batch of Cobalt Motors of various types from China. 

Any idea when they are due in?  I'm struggling to find anyone who has your iP digital motors in stock at the moment.

21 hours ago, Chamby said:

Any idea when they are due in?  I'm struggling to find anyone who has your iP digital motors in stock at the moment.

We currently cannot give a date when the next batch will be with us.

But we will publicise it when they arrive.

Best Regards,

The DCC Team

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Mickey,

i have half a dozen of these motors, bought early 2019. I found mine forgot addresses if I had a short, eg caused by forgetting to set a any point in correct direction causing derail. At DCC Concepts suggestion, I fitted ‘suppressors’ (I think, can’t actually remember what they were called) to the end of the bus wire, and also fitted a 12v car bulb across each motor. DCC were very helpful and provided same free of charge. 

This has cured the problem.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 31/03/2020 at 13:06, ITG said:

Mickey,

i have half a dozen of these motors, bought early 2019. I found mine forgot addresses if I had a short, eg caused by forgetting to set a any point in correct direction causing derail. At DCC Concepts suggestion, I fitted ‘suppressors’ (I think, can’t actually remember what they were called) to the end of the bus wire, and also fitted a 12v car bulb across each motor. DCC were very helpful and provided same free of charge. 

This has cured the problem.

Because many (if not most!) track shorts are caused by accidental run-through at points, adding an inductive load between the frog and the frog terminal on the Digital IP - will reduce the instance of the spike in this instance and thus "protect" the Digital IP that have the memory issue.

A 21w filament car light bulb is a very suitable device!

Best Regards,

The DCC Team

• Informative/Useful 3