Bullfrog Snot - How good is it?

Mike Buckner

Recently been running some old models with fitted traction tyres, the track soon required cleaning. Was wondering if replacing the tyres with Bullfrog Snot would help.
Most especially, does the track require cleaning less frequently if tyres are replaced with Bullfrog Snot?
Be grateful to hear your views.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't suppose it's worth trying clear bathroom silicone sealant?

I only suggest as it can be smoothed with a wet finger before it goes off - possible on a wheel powered in a cradle etc...?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I obtained a jar of the stuff off eBay and on close inspection it appears to be pva with some green dye added to it.  As the jar was the size of one of those wee jam jars you get with hotel breakfasts it is very expensive pva.  Perhaps the green dye is the miracle ingredient.

Best way to apply it is to have the loco upside down in a servicing cradle with medium power applied to the wheels (so that they go round but not too fast) the mix was applied to the surface of the moving wheel using a fine paint brush and the wheel movement ensures an even coat.  

Once dry it does work but presumably it will wear off and require re-application.

Cheers

Darius

Edited by Darius43
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1