Hello & Welcome to my Topic, I’m Ben.

This topic will be about my currently under construction Exhibition Layout 18ft x 14inches Depicting a Model Image Yard storing departmental Rolling Stock and limited servicing facilities, the scene will highlight my ever growing fleet of Network Rail Testing Vehicles and The mix of Modern Freight Locomotive seen in Real-Life at Derby RTC.

The layout in no means will relate / symbolise Derby RTC except for the Rolling Stock.

3 / 6 Board have currently been constructed with Track Laid.

Layout Consist of 4 scenic boards (3 Built with track laid) and 2 Fiddle Yard Sections Yet to be Built. Lots of Photos coming in coming Days, stay Tuned!

Cheers Ben :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BenHenry said:

Hello & Welcome to my Topic, I’m Ben.

This topic will be about my currently under construction Exhibition Layout 18ft x 14inches Depicting a Model Image Yard storing departmental Rolling Stock and limited servicing facilities, the scene will highlight my ever growing fleet of Network Rail Testing Vehicles and The mix of Modern Freight Locomotive seen in Real-Life at Derby RTC.

The layout in no means will relate / symbolise Derby RTC except for the Rolling Stock.

3 / 6 Board have currently been constructed with Track Laid.

Layout Consist of 4 scenic boards (3 Built with track laid) and 2 Fiddle Yard Sections Yet to be Built. Lots of Photos coming in coming Days, stay Tuned!

Cheers Ben :)

Sounds good Ben,looking forward to more now...

thanks neil..

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

Progress Update No1 on Here - Photo as of Today (April 1st).

Today a Milestone Was reached with 3 / 4 Scenic Boards Track laid and running with no problems in anyway so a Happy Bonus!

The photo shows the Yard area where the test trains and locos will be stored..

Just going to add a few more dropper wires to entirely satisfy myself to ensure excellent performance.

Tomorrow will see the track weathering and beginning of the Ballasting. 

Cheers For Now!

Ben

20200401_135216.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BenHenry said:

Hi All,

Progress Update No1 on Here - Photo as of Today (April 1st).

Today a Milestone Was reached with 3 / 4 Scenic Boards Track laid and running with no problems in anyway so a Happy Bonus!

The photo shows the Yard area where the test trains and locos will be stored..

Just going to add a few more dropper wires to entirely satisfy myself to ensure excellent performance.

Tomorrow will see the track weathering and beginning of the Ballasting. 

Cheers For Now!

Ben

20200401_135216.jpg

Starting to look good...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Evening All,

Hope everyone is well! Lots of Updates here tonight - firstly like to thank everyone who alphas reacted, commented or followed this topic so far! Massive welcome to you all!

Firstly - new addition to the fleet today - Colas rail class 37 421 (photo attached) few issues but have been mostly resolved .

Projects on the Go! Been Paint stripping lots of rolling stock today! 

2 Heljan Class 47s to be repainted into the Innovation Rail Operations Group Scheme, using the excellent precision Transfers and changing the grills to the correct variant (purchased from Rainbow Railways)

Bachmann Class 37/0 being repainted into BR Blue [Not Large Logo] as 37099 when Colas Rail First acquired her for Mainline Test Trains for Network Rail.

Managed to finish My First Network Rail Mk1 Generator today and Relatively pleased considering my first Coach Conversion - Photos tomorrow.

2 Mk2 Coaches have now been converted awaiting painting etc...

Thats it for today! 

Cheers Ben 

33A6CD9E-7E63-4484-A5A2-4B999898A82C.jpeg

Edited by BenHenry
  • Like 3

Hi All,

Progress Update on The BR Blue Class 37 099 when first Acquired by Colas Rail. Painted with Airbrush using my own mix of Tamiya Lacquer Based Paints, awaiting transfers from Precision Labels. 

More to follow tomorrow...

Cheers,

Ben

88D3294A-D672-4166-8FEE-8C6C09835801.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Hello All! 

Quick Update from Me Today! Finished respraying both my Heljan Class 47s into the Rail Operations Group Class 47 813 / 15 Innovation Liveried Locos using the Very Good Transfers from Precision Labels, few more finishing touches such as adding the later Styled Grills on 47 813. 

Next up We Have a Super Detailed former EWS Class 56 Getting Stripped of its livery to go into the DC Rail Scheme!!

New Purchase i'm waiting for is I managed to pick up a Class 47 in Colas at a Good Price!!

Let Me Know what everyone thinks!

813 85 repaints.jpg

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Hi All, Another Update from Me! Showing of the recently resurrected Modern Image Rolling Stock! Showing the Recently repainted Rail Operations Group Class 47s and BR Blue Class 37 099 Complete as when it first joined Colas Rail for Test Trains!! Stay Tuned for More!! 

Cheers for Now! 

Ben

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, BenHenry said:

Hi All, Another Update from Me! Showing of the recently resurrected Modern Image Rolling Stock! Showing the Recently repainted Rail Operations Group Class 47s and BR Blue Class 37 099 Complete as when it first joined Colas Rail for Test Trains!! Stay Tuned for More!! 

Cheers for Now! 

Ben

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

coming along well:good: ..

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Very nice 37099, only ever managed to drive it once in blue before it was repainted

37099 passing Cossington

I picked it up a short while later and took to Old Dalby rest track to calibrate the UTU coaches hence the unusual length of the train! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, big jim said:

Very nice 37099, only ever managed to drive it once in blue before it was repainted

37099 passing Cossington

I picked it up a short while later and took to Old Dalby rest track to calibrate the UTU coaches hence the unusual length of the train! 

That's impressive Jim,was this in blue I the York musem years back??

Before going back into mainline dutys for Colas.

3 hours ago, big jim said:

37099 passing Cossington

Than you and these photos are very useful... more to come in coming days.....

cheers, Ben

• Agree 1