Much Wenlock Station 3” gauge modellers

• 1 month later...

Hi GT,

I suspect you mean Gauge '3' (G3) which is 2.5" gauge - so 1:22.6 scale (13.5mm/ft) for standard gauge. Pretty much standard gauge 'G'.

See: https://www.gauge3.org.uk/

And yes, it certainly looks familiar, something like the one attached below I think. It now belongs to a Gauge '3' Society Member and is installed on his garden railway, although it only comes out on running days (it's not suitable for all-year outside use). A very nice model though. If you are the original builder, then I'm pretty sure I met you at a G3 AGM some years ago or perhaps that was the (then) owner?

Regards,

IanT 

PICT0004.JPG

PICT0005.JPG

• Like 3

It has gone on 'Tour' too from time to time.

We laid a temporary (300ft plus) end to end G3 track at Barry Island station some years ago - and needed a bit of layout dressing for interest - so 'borrowed' the station and various other scenic bits.  It all went down very well with the Public - we gave youngsters a R/C engine controller and told them they could travel up and down the line - but only use the single track sections if they had a 'token'. They were very well behaved too ( there were no accidents) - better than some of the adults!

Here we are setting things up before we opened for the day...

022.JPG

045.JPG

Edited by IanT
  • Like 3

Hi Ian,

thankyou so much for these photos, absolutely fascinated to see these pictures, it was the only model I ever built in a large scale and a challenge to put the detail in, in such a large scale.

so very kind to post these up.

Peter A L.

• Friendly/supportive 1

You are very welcome GT - it is a very fine model.

I've just found my favourite photo of your station (I looked for it the first time around but missed it). I hope you like it.

Regards,   IanT

12 ) G3 Railway Realism - Falfield DMU.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Ian,

Ahh yes, now I have seen that photo before, we were at the NEC show and I said to my wife, doesn’t that look like Wenlock I once built, it was a hoot on the gauge3 stand.

At the time on close inspection, I discovered it was, I couldn’t believe it.

peter