Eurotunnel/GETLink Shuttle Trains - 1:81st scale

**NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT**
In response to increasing demand for more models from the contemporary era, we are thrilled to reveal that our next big project is the Eurotunnel/GETLink Shuttle Trains. 
These impressive 775-metre trains operate on one of the world's busiest rail networks linking Folkestone, England and Coquelles, near Calais in France. 
Our models will cover all the major designs within the Eurotunnel fleet, including:
* 9/0, 9/7 and 9/8 Brush/ABB Tri-Bo locomotives
* All three designs of lorry shuttle wagons - FIAT/Breda, Arbel and Waggonbau Niesky
* Covered Tourist Shuttle with DCC-operated telescopic hoods
* Double deck Car Shuttle 
In addition, if demand is strong enough, we will also produce the MaK B-B diesel locos, Schoema shunters and scrubber wagons used on tunnel maintenance trains. 
Standard features will include DCC-activated loading flaps, telescopic hoods and retractable stabilisers, as per the real wagons. Various DCC lighting and sound functions will also be included as standard, including voice-activated pantographs on all locos. However, the piece de resistance of our new shuttle wagon models will be their factory-fitted guideways for road vehicles making them compatible with the Faller Car System - a world first! 
To ensure that modellers can assemble authentic full-length trains, we will produce them in accurate half-length packs of up to 14 wagons, all individually numbered and detailed. Locos will be supplied in twin packs with factory-fitted DCC and sound only. 
As these models are expected to be popular on both sides of the Channel (and beyond), we have agreed to produce them to 1:81st scale to avoid any claims of favouritism between UK OO gauge (1:76th) and French HO scale (1:87th) - we believe this is an ideal compromise for all potential customers. 
Look out for further updates as this exciting project develops. In the meantime, here are a few photos from our research trip to the enormous Coquelles depot.

https://www.facebook.com/heljanas

Exciting! All we now need is someone to produce the new e320 and you can make one bad ass Dollands Moor celebration to the EU layout :D 

• Funny 6

Damn it! I didn't even know it was the 1st! The days have rolled into one continuous kept away from the pub hell. 

I would have loved for this to have been real, with Accurascale providing a cracking 92 in DB and GBRf, Revolution/Kernow with Cargowagons, Bachmann with Multifrets and Dapol's Silver Bullets you really could have made a cracking Dollands Moor layout! Well that's made the day worse knowing it was an April Fools.

• Funny 1

17 minutes ago, 159220 said:

Damn it! I didn't even know it was the 1st! The days have rolled into one continuous kept away from the pub hell. 

I would have loved for this to have been real, with Accurascale providing a cracking 92 in DB and GBRf, Revolution/Kernow with Cargowagons, Bachmann with Multifrets and Dapol's Silver Bullets you really could have made a cracking Dollands Moor layout! Well that's made the day worse knowing it was an April Fools.

@159220 You not the only one to be fooled today as i took too long to work out that the Irish Deltic from Accurascale wasn't real. 

Samuel.

This is a great idea, and being 1:81 scale the trains won't really look too big running with British stock, or too small with Continental stuff.

(When my kids were small they had a Tomy Eurotunnel battery train set which had a Uk loop and a French loop (not a euphemism) connected by a double track link, over which sat a cardboard construction forming the Channel and the Tunnel(s). We (or perhaps I) had hours of fun with it !

Edited by caradoc
Spelling mistake