Covid 19 NHS face masks

Hi folks- please could the 3D printer owners have a look at this? The NHS seem to be accepting amateur-made 3D printed frames for face masks. They are desperately needed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JhUENVDW341R0P4NfHq-IdCD0jT9QGge7onhx-wTUY4/edit

Not something I can do myself but might be worth a look? 

Thank you!  Be safe!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

57 minutes ago, Johnson044 said:

The NHS seem to be accepting amateur-made 3D printed frames for face masks. They are desperately needed.

Very interesting, is there a need, and a procedure, for printing by UV cured resin, as this SOP only covers FDM printing? I'd like to help, but I moved over from FDM to prototyping on a UV cured resin Photon S last year.
We also have surplus protective gloves to potentially give away to somewhere in the NHS or care sector but there doesn't seem to be a shortage of gloves, only masks and aprons.
Many thanks for any leads

Mark (5D_Stoke)
Res-N-Tech Ltd

• RMweb Premium

I've been asked to print some of these next week when I am in work (I am teacher, and yes we are working through the Easter holidays to provide emergency childcare for children of other key workers). None are printing at the moment as I'm the only one who knows how to make the printer work. 

Edited by Kris

They specify PETG as it's washable and food-safe. I joined but I only have PLA, which they will take reluctantly as it's likely to bio-degrade under washing conditions.

I looked at printing in PLA anyway, but the time was going to be 8 hours per headband on my printer.