Sophia's WKR workshop

1 hour ago, BlueLightning said:

Looking good! You will have a nice looking rake once they are done!

Huzzah!! Make sure you bring lots of money :tease:

I think I might even order some transfers for them!

I'll probably come along next week after I get paid. It depends on what you've got in stock :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Well since you mention Terriers, you'll be glad to know I picked up 2 more yesterday, so that's 2 that won't be bothering you :rofl:

In better news, I have a motor and pickup plate waiting at the shop for you next time your are in Eastbourne

816154914_2021-08-2413_39_05.jpg.44957a9cb08241e50f20b508bb5d253a.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BlueLightning said:

Well since you mention Terriers, you'll be glad to know I picked up 2 more yesterday, so that's 2 that won't be bothering you :rofl:

In better news, I have a motor and pickup plate waiting at the shop for you next time your are in Eastbourne

816154914_2021-08-2413_39_05.jpg.44957a9cb08241e50f20b508bb5d253a.jpg

No call for a Terrier at Chart Sutton when the T class gets finished.

I'll probably pop to the shop in a couple of weeks once I have a bit of spare cash. I will be looking for a decent coupling for NEM pockets as a bit of an upgrade from ancient tension locks

• Like 1

Hi all,

Talking of R1's. This is my latest project. Not a straight off the shelf Wrenn R1, but the one they modified to go in the N2. They added a steel plate to the back of the chassis to extend it. Held in by a screw and a lip put on the chassis block. Then drilled and tapped a hole for the rear bogie.

DSC_1100.JPG

DSC_1101.JPG

DSC_1102.JPG

DSC_1103.JPG

Wrenn N2 chassis 1.jpg

Wrenn N2 chassis.jpg

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

17 hours ago, cypherman said:

Hi all,

Talking of R1's. This is my latest project. Not a straight off the shelf Wrenn R1, but the one they modified to go in the N2. They added a steel plate to the back of the chassis to extend it. Held in by a screw and a lip put on the chassis block. Then drilled and tapped a hole for the rear bogie.

DSC_1100.JPG

DSC_1101.JPG

DSC_1102.JPG

DSC_1103.JPG

Wrenn N2 chassis 1.jpg

Wrenn N2 chassis.jpg

I need a chassis like that to put under an extended bunker R1 I made

16 minutes ago, Sophia NSE said:

It's quite a way down the list of projects. I'm currently after an M7 body and Caley single trailing wheels and tender chassis for another bodge to create the LBSC B1 named Hastings. 

Hi Sophia,

Interesting. But I am not sure just how much of the M7 body you could use. The top of the boiler, chimney, dome ,smoke box and the footplate I think is all that is usable. Good luck with it and I look forwards to seeing the finished result.

23 minutes ago, cypherman said:

Hi Sophia,

Interesting. But I am not sure just how much of the M7 body you could use. The top of the boiler, chimney, dome ,smoke box and the footplate I think is all that is usable. Good luck with it and I look forwards to seeing the finished result.

Smokebox, splashers, and footplate. The rest will be coming from a GBL T9 I have stashed away. @BlueLightninghas already made one so it's another of his ideas I'm shamelessly stealing :biggrin_mini2:

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, RedGemAlchemist said:

Still not terrible, though the tender is an odd colour.

That's just the picture, for some reason my camera at the time made the IEG from the paint and transfers look like completely different colours, even though they were almost the same in the flesh

• RMweb Premium
On 24/08/2021 at 23:56, cypherman said:

Hi all,

I don't want to seem fussy, but is there any possibility of you being able to light your photos better please? It makes it very difficult to actually see the work you do, unless you are doing it to hide some of the work ;-)

Andy G

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, uax6 said:

I don't want to seem fussy, but is there any possibility of you being able to light your photos better please? It makes it very difficult to actually see the work you do, unless you are doing it to hide some of the work ;-)

Andy G

Hi Andy,

Sorry that is the best I can do with the camera I have and where I take my pictures. It is one of the reasons I use a white sheet of paper to show up the work as best as I can. It is always a bit more difficult with black engines.

Edited by cypherman