Sophia's WKR workshop

WRT the N2, chassis a basis for an LBSCR radial perhpas (the old Wills E5 fitted on a HD R1 chassis), with those wheels either an E4 or an E5. But, how about a SECR J? possibly use some of your stock of R1 bodies?

33C mentions an O, is that your project for the C - domeless boiler Stirling style?

1 minute ago, Artless Bodger said:

Thinking a bit more (dangerous I know), the N2 boiler is quite large diameter, but Marsh rebuilt an E5 with a superheated boiler - looked quite stumpy, totally ruined the aesthetic though. https://www.national-preservation.com/threads/lbscr-r-billinton-e5-e5x-0-6-2t.943724/

Brighton locos are more Gary's (Bluelightning) thing as I'm a dedicated Ashford girl, but I'm pretty sure he's always after ideas for new projects

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Sophia NSE said:

but I'm pretty sure he's always after ideas for new projects

This is very much an understatement, I wish I had read this while I was at work where there is an N2 and I had my book of drawings (guess who's getting a PM shortly)

and since I saw an O mentioned, guess what else I finally remembered to take to the shop today!!

• Like 2

Sophia, what happened to the T9? Or have I not been paying attention?

1 minute ago, BlueLightning said:

Thanks, she's a 3D printed kit, that at the moment is not commercially available, on an Oxford Rail Dean Goods chassis

Gary

Crickey that was a quick response, thank you. Sorry, I mis-attributed your comment to someone else earlier - I need to wake up!

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Sophia NSE said:

If she had been available commercially I'd have had one too!

I totally haven't got a second (slightly failed print) loco body sat in my workshop :tongueclear:

1 minute ago, Artless Bodger said:

Crickey that was a quick response, thank you. Sorry, I mis-attributed your comment to someone else earlier - I need to wake up!

You caught me at just the right time that I had just caught up with RMWeb when you commented, so it got read almost as you posted it, and don't worry about the mis-attribution, these things happen

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Artless Bodger said:

Sophia, what happened to the T9? Or have I not been paying attention?

Funnily enough I was talking to Gary about that just the other day. It might be something I come back to in the future, maybe as a tender drive loco instead

• Like 1

Just now, BlueLightning said:

Sounds like a good plan! Can't wait to see it finished, I'll have to get on with my O1 conversion from the GBL C at some point, I'll just have to make sure to chose a different number to my O

Both the C and the 4F are due to arrive the middle of next week, so that should keep me out of mischief :D

• Like 1