Hattons Class 66 digtal fitted

mjcbasingstoke

Hi,

I am considering purchasing a Hattons class 66 and know that there are three configurations, dcc ready, dcc fitted and dcc sound. My question is what dcc decoder is fitted to the dcc fitted variant and specifically is a 6 function decoder to allow for full lighting options.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, mjcbasingstoke said:

Hi,

I am considering purchasing a Hattons class 66 and know that there are three configurations, dcc ready, dcc fitted and dcc sound. My question is what dcc decoder is fitted to the dcc fitted variant and specifically is a 6 function decoder to allow for full lighting options.

This would be best asked in the Hattons 66 thread. But a quick answer is no a 6 function is not sufficient. 

• RMweb Premium
On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 17:28, Hilux5972 said:

This would be best asked in the Hattons 66 thread. But a quick answer is no a 6 function is not sufficient. 

But a six function will give control of all head/taillights - via the internal switches.

It's just the cab lights that cannot be operated with a 6 function decoder.

Note - it must be a 6 full power decoder - such as the Hattons DCR-21

• RMweb Gold

Hi mjcbasingstoke

To have full control over all lights you will require a 10 function decoder where at least the first 6 functions are powered.

The ESU decoders with this capability are the LokPilot 5 MKL (59649) and the LokSound 5 MKL (58449)

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dave 

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, newbryford said:

But a six function will give control of all head/taillights - via the internal switches.

It's just the cab lights that cannot be operated with a 6 function decoder.

Yes, but he said full lighting options, not all lights except for the cab. 

Edited by Hilux5972

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Yes, but he said full lighting options, not all lights except for the cab. 

He asked what decoder was fitted and if a 6 function would give full control.

I clearly explained what it ( a 6-function decoder) would control.

Ho hum.

• Agree 3

9 hours ago, martin_l_jones said:

For the extra £15 I would strongly recommend a DCC fitted model is the best option. Saves fiddling with the body side detailing bits..... 

See www.dckits-devideos.co.uk for Legomanbiffo 66 Sounds.

Charlie

• Like 1

We keep being asked if the Class 66 Legomanbiffo standard V4 will work in the Hattons superb Class 66 model, the answer in NO.   Also the Bachmann Legomanbiffo V5  Decoder will not work with the models advanced features either, so your options are to get the Version 5 ESU Bachmann Class 66 reblown to the Hattons Project, this can be done or it could be reblown for another 21Pin loco in your fleet and you can purchase another 'Correct' decoder for this superior model.

Charlie

• Informative/Useful 1

On 16/04/2020 at 20:34, charliepetty said:

Version 5 ESU Bachmann Class 66 reblown to the Hattons Project

Although the Hattons 66 needs the MKL version of the V5 for high output aux 3 and aux4 (day lights at each end on Hattons 66 IIRC), which I would presume isn't the normal supply for a Bachmann 66? if fitting a non-MKL decoder (where the outputs are logic level) these lights are always lit.

On 08/04/2020 at 14:55, Hattons Dave said:

LokPilot 5 MKL (59649)

And the DCC only 59659 as fitted to my two!

I've purchased a couple of Dapol Imperium 3 8 function decoders and fitted them into the Hattons class 66. These give you independent marker and tail lights and independent day and night headlights, if anyone is interested in DCC fitted only, rather than sound. Obviously there's no control on the cab lighting. Tony.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, sirwilliamfrs said:

Just noticed that the main Hatton's Class 66 thread has disappeared. Is it temporary?

Ummm, it's still there. Currently sitting just below this one.

You haven't set it to 'ignore' by any chance, have you?

Edited by truffy
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 24/04/2020 at 09:08, 7013 said:

The last thing we need at present is another 66 thread.

I agree that we don't need this second thread but I can think of other things we need even less. lol ;)

Edited by Colin_McLeod
  • Agree 3

• 1 month later...
On 24/04/2020 at 06:35, Tony Walker said:

I've purchased a couple of Dapol Imperium 3 8 function decoders and fitted them into the Hattons class 66. These give you independent marker and tail lights and independent day and night headlights, if anyone is interested in DCC fitted only, rather than sound. Obviously there's no control on the cab lighting. Tony.

You could always use ESU V5 LokPilots !!!!!     Designed to do the job.   Charlie-Legomanbiffo

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 08/04/2020 at 14:55, Hattons Dave said:

Hi mjcbasingstoke

To have full control over all lights you will require a 10 function decoder where at least the first 6 functions are powered.

The ESU decoders with this capability are the LokPilot 5 MKL (59649) and the LokSound 5 MKL (58449)

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dave 

What's your price on these please?

On 24/04/2020 at 09:08, 7013 said:

The last thing we need at present is another 66 thread.

To be honest, the other thread has drifted into what's not right with the model, that this has been most useful for understanding how to get the most from this model. 

Nice to see positivity and helpfulness to the OP from the forum members and certainly a useful read.  Cheers All

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GEOEng03 said:

To be honest, the other thread has drifted into what's not right with the model, that this has been most useful for understanding how to get the most from this model. 

Nice to see positivity and helpfulness to the OP from the forum members and certainly a useful read.  Cheers All

Hi

I don't think you're take on this is strictly accurate. If you look at the recent posts it is from people who have actually bought the model. Some at a reduced price some not. They are being pleasantly surprised at how good a model it is with a little bit of work required.

Stephen

9 minutes ago, ayrmrg said:

Hi

I don't think you're take on this is strictly accurate. If you look at the recent posts it is from people who have actually bought the model. Some at a reduced price some not. They are being pleasantly surprised at how good a model it is with a little bit of work required.

Stephen

Hi,

Probably the context of what I wrote, but prior to the past two days.  But yes, I agree and have been one of those that have commented as such as well and it's been good to see the change in flow.

Cheers 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jools1959 said:

What's your price on these please?

The ESU 21Pin MKL 59659 LokPilot Decoders are Pre-Programmed and in stock.  £26.50 Each

The ESU 21Pin MKL 58449 Lok Sound pre Programmed are. £220.00

Charlie  (Contact is charlie@dckits.co.uk)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1