The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Boris moved to intensive care....

gordon s

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

I'm not a fan but I hope he pulls through well.

So i respond directly and say "I am a fan" but echoing your best wishes

someone kicks off

and my line gets pulled but several saying not a fan dont.... OK ;)

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

One thing I am hoping that comes out of this is those that sneer at politicians, saying things like only in it for themselves etc. realise that many of them, whatever their colour are in fact there because they are passionate about their country and want to do their very best to make it a better place. Many politicians deserve a lot more respect than they actually get.

Like him or loathe him, it is a long time since we have had a Prime Minister capable of actually leading the country rather than be pushed around by it.  Right now I feel that our good ship is without its captain. It is not sinking, and the second in command will keep us on course, but the captains absence will be felt.

Edited by Titan
  • Like 5
  • Agree 13

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, devonseasider said:

Love him or loathe him, it doesn't matter.  He's a human being with a big, big problem and he needs and deserves a bit of a "Good Samaritan moment" from the rest of us.

Maybe I'm getting too political here but I saw someone else say "I want him out of Downing Street but I also want him out of hospital", which is they way to look at it if you don't like him.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, gordon s said:

Take five, guys. This is not about politics, simply a sudden change in the condition of a fellow human being who just happens to be our Prime Minister.

Good to hear leaders of all parties wishing him the best for a speedy and complete recovery. Political differences should be set aside where serious illness are concerned, particularly with someone in such a prominent position.

Like most I have been laying low, gone out for the odd walk (we are blessed by being surrounded by commons and woods) and the odd shop and was starting to  think things were getting better, this hits at all of us showing we all are still at risk and should not let our guard down

I must say I have been very impressed at the professionalism shown by our ministers in charge and the expertise of those advising them. The heroics shown by all the front line workers including those maintaining the vital services. 

Like everyone wishing Boris and all the other patients a speedy recovery

Edited by hayfield
  • Like 7
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 hours ago, gordon s said:

Take five, guys. This is not about politics, simply a sudden change in the condition of a fellow human being who just happens to be our Prime Minister.

Good to hear leaders of all parties wishing him the best for a speedy and complete recovery. Political differences should be set aside where serious illness are concerned, particularly with someone in such a prominent position.

I wholeheartedly agree Gordon, as I'm sure do many decent folk on here and elsewhere, sadly though social media (or certain quarters of it at least) are awash with the nastiest bile imaginable directed at our PM,  hoping for the worst etc etc. It makes you wonder what kind of people they really are behind their keyboards.

There are things I like about Boris and things I don't, but I wish him all the very best, my 18 year old niece has just got over the virus thankfully and a friend of ours contracted it last week, it doesn't discriminate and neither should we.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 4

10 hours ago, Neil said:

Though I obviously hope for a good outcome I also find it hard to muster much sympathy when in many ways he's the architect of his own misfortune and the misfortune of others, particularly those on the front line in the NHS........

Unfortunately, I think you may have bought into the narrative that’s going around that government policy was wrong or misplaced, particularly with regard to the false allegation that they had a policy of “herd immunity”.

There never has been that policy. It is a creation of certain sections of the media, based on mis-using or misinterpreting the Chief Scientist’s words referring to building up “herd immunity “ as a result of the evolution of the epidemic.

The government’s scientific and medical advise was to delay taking more drastic action, in the form of a lock down, until what they considered to be the appropriate time. The government wisely took the advice they were given, even if it was misplaced.

Many, including some in the medical and scientific community, thought that strategy to be a mistake, as events elsewhere were indicating.

They rapidly progressed forward to early stages of a lock down once they saw how swiftly events were unfolding.

Similarly the testing. With limited testing capability existing, the advice was to restrict testing to where they thought it best applied, until that capability could be significantly expanded. Somewhere along the way, time was lost and now the health authorities and government are desperately playing catch up.

I understand this is a similar scenario to what has been happening in France.

I’ve no doubt that the government has had no option but to rely on and follow their scientific and medical advisors and that these decisions and subsequent events have unfolded in a very fluid environment.

I find the attempts to apportion political blame to be sickening when those placed in charge are working flat out and sometimes in the dark, in what are unchartered waters.

It is not dissimilar to what has been happening in many European countries. In fact we are in a better position than Spain , Italy and France.

Edited by Ron Ron Ron
  • Like 5
  • Agree 8

tis a prime (minister) example of when you preach social distancing, to actually practice social distancing... let's hope that this helps  get the message to the idiots that are still using the lovely weather we're having to mingle...

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Been looking bad for a few days.

He is in the best place for him.

Should have laid up earlier rather than struggle through.

He is moderately healthy and non smoker and similar age to me.

Get your self fit and well ABDJ, this disease is really nasty!

• Like 3