Ivo Peters - Ironstone Lines of the East Midlands

Those of you who, like me, have a passion for East Midlands ironstone railways will be delighted to know that Julian Peters has released a DVD version of his father’s 1988 VHS release “Ironstone Lines of the East Midlands” (Volume 6 of "The Ivo Peters Collection").

Ever since I took an interest in these railways a few years ago, I have been trying to get a copy of the VHS tape after seeing it on YT (since taken down). I tried charity shops, market stalls, second hand bookshops, all to no avail and had practically given up ever seeing it again. Over those years, I had regularly checked out the Wolverton Rail website as they had listed the VHS version as being ‘no longer available’ in the hope that a DVD version may eventually be released. I hadn’t checked for some time, but a couple of weeks ago, I went onto the website and there was the DVD version, released in December!

My DVD arrived last week. I know a number on here already have the VHS version but for those who haven’t seen it, I think it is superb. I sense it captures so much of the feel and atmosphere of the ironstone railways, my favourites being Storefield and Cranford, representing a couple of the smaller railways. I understand Wolverton Rail is the official distributor of the “Ivo Peters Collection” series. I have no connection with them except being a very satisfied customer.

Stephen

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 4

Hah!  I just spent ages trying to find the DVD version of this that I was certain I had.

Turns out I had the original VHS version!

Apparently the material has been re-mastered, so the quality should be very much improved on the earlier VHS.

I guess I'll find out soon as I've just ordered a DVD :D

• Like 4