Corona virus - you can help!

If you have a 3D printer you can print face shields for the NHS:

https://www.3dcrowd.uk/

You can print the parts and send them in batches of 20 for distribution, and if you get hold of some elastic and clear acetate sheet you can make complete shields/kits which you can distribute to local carers who might need them.

Got mine up and running already, and hopefully by the end of the weekend I will have my first batch ready to send out.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I really support this I finally bit the bullet and ordered an Anycubic 3d printer last week to do the doors and windows for Windermere station. It arrived on Tuesday. It was unpacked that day, worked first time  and the first test prints for windows were set up and came off that day. I downloaded a file for a facemask and printed one out. Our daughter who works in the community looking after the vulnerable has only got a small set of glasses which all off all the time. So we made a couple facemasks up and got them to her. Her manager asked if I could do 500!.   I can't do 500 but am printing continuously as many as possible for her and her team. The windows and doors will have to wait. I really regret not buying the printer earlier as I could have done a better job with bespoke windows rather than adapting commercial ones for the goods shed and engine shed at Windermere

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 weeks later...