Latest Chinnor DCC sounds projects

gooderz

Rather than keep resurrecting my old 'New DCC sounds, coming soon' thread to show case my latest projects, I thought best to start a new thread.

So, latest one to be completed is a Class 121 DMU.

Sound project is set up for the Dapol DMU.

• Like 5

Hi, this sounds very good.  A couple of questions, please:

Is the gear changing done manually by notching the controller, or is it automatic depending on speed of the model?  I would prefer manual control.

Also, the engine sound  when accelerating away in first gear - is that a set  length or can you vary it by notching the controller?  in other words, if you are just moving around the depot can you just do a quick blip of the engine, and then the unit moves along slowly on tickover?  Whereas if you are accelerating away from a station or signal, you need a long acceleration sound.

Hoping this makes sense!  It's difficult to see the effect of sound in relation to speed from a "rolling road" video. 

Many thanks.

Edited by cravensdmufan
Change of word for clarification
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...
On 09/04/2020 at 22:26, cravensdmufan said:

Hi, this sounds very good.  A couple of questions, please:

Is the gear changing done manually by notching the controller, or is it automatic depending on speed of the model?  I would prefer manual control.

Also, the engine sound  when accelerating away in first gear - is that a set  length or can you vary it by notching the controller?  in other words, if you are just moving around the depot can you just do a quick blip of the engine, and then the unit moves along slowly on tickover?  Whereas if you are accelerating away from a station or signal, you need a long acceleration sound.

Hoping this makes sense!  It's difficult to see the effect of sound in relation to speed from a "rolling road" video. 

Many thanks.

Sorry for the late reply, not been on for some time.

It is automatic depending on the speed. However, I do have an advanced option where you have to change gear in order for it to accelerate.

Richard Croft has done a few videos on my 121 file in action.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...