Hornby Magazine & Key Model Website

howardb

I currently receive the Hornby magazine via pocketmags and see that there is a new website via keymodelworld for subscribers. However this does not appear to apply to pocket mags subscribers & as of today their help pages are not accessible so what is the use of this?

I would be interested but not if it needs me to have two separate subscription.

• RMweb Premium

I may have a similar problem. I buy the magazine but wanted to read a (premium)  article on the keymodelworld website. The site invited me to "subscribe" - special offer for 35.99. So I did, got a subscriber number and password etc and logged on. No joy with the premium article. 

Nowhere on the site does it say you need a sub to the magazine. In fact it implies with a sub you can access everything.

So I emailed customer support, got an automated reply saying my query would be dealt with in a couple of days.  That was 4 working days ago (OK there is corona virus...)  So I wait.

I am decidedly unhappy about the whole business.

I have just sent the following email to Hornby since they should be able to raise the issue with Keymodelworld:-

=========================================================================================

There is a problem with the new Keymodelworld web site which is not reflecting well on the Hornby & Airfix brands. As neither the Keymodelworld Help desk nor their FAQ are active, so please can you contact them to get them to address the problems

I attach a screenshot showing that this is being discussed on the rmweb site.

Many Thanks

Howard Brissenden

• RMweb Gold

I recently changed my print subscription to digital because of a subscription offer in the April Hornby Magazine, imagine my annoyance when I could not access the new Key World Website. The Hornby Magazine went on to say that existing Hornby Magazine subscribers join for free, but to gain access you need a customer ID which you do not have with Pocket Mags, only a customer number which is longer than than the print version subscriber which the Key Model World does not accept when logging on.

I tried again today to long on from the link in the digital version without success !! 

• RMweb Premium

I have sent Key Publishing an email and Hornby Magazine a message via their Facebook page about this and have yet to be contacted by either of them.

Not very impressed. They should have considered this problem when they were coming up with the idea of the website. 

Model Rail are no better with their Rewards Club, have yet to hear from them too. 

• 3 months later...

Key Publishing.  I have on order from this company  a book, Cornish Railways by Roger Winnen of CRS fame.  All pre ordered and paid for before the later release date of June 8th.  Not having received this book, I have EMd them twice but like others have received no response or the book from this company as yet, three weeks later!

Brian Willis.