FREIGHT ONLY

Crisis Rail

I have decided to retire the scratchbuilt "ALCAN" warehouse and Didcot 'B' Power Station in favour of the excellent International Models backscene - Here is two low quality shots of Class 66 Intermodal action - Tricky to apply but the results are quite convincing!

post-7252-127413170431_thumb.jpg

post-7252-127413173404_thumb.jpg

I have decided to retire the scratchbuilt "ALCAN" warehouse and Didcot 'B' Power Station in favour of the excellent International Models backscene - Here is two low quality shots of Class 66 Intermodal action - Tricky to apply but the results are quite convincing!

Always liked this layout, in my opinion, I like what you've done here, not that there was anything wrong with the old backscene!

The other thing now is that the layout is not so area specific, I guess!

Keep up the good work!

Nice , i've just ordered a hills and dales backscene from id. How did you fit it on your layout? never been any good at wallpapering.

Tom

Tom

They are hard work but well worth it after about 3 attempts! - Slightest bit of moisture on the front and they are goosed - they dont wipe clean either - If your layout is indoors and damp free the backscenes will be ok.For the (damp) garage where FREIGHT ONLY is based I resorted to using 3M double sided tape 2" wide with 2 backscenes of 5 foot each.SPRAYMOUNT is good but prime the MDF first and cover well be careful this method will still bubble if left in a cold area like a conservatory.

Ian

Out of interest how big is this layout?

Is it a shelf diorama or part of something bigger?

Do you have a plan of the layout?

Sorry for all the questions.......ColinW

Colin

Garage based roundyroundy10 foot by 5 foot actual modelled area is about 5 foot and a bit - No plan but FREIGHT ONLY will be appearing in MODEL RAIL sometime whenever so keep a look out.

Ian

Always liked this layout, in my opinion, I like what you've done here, not that there was anything wrong with the old backscene!

The other thing now is that the layout is not so area specific, I guess!

Keep up the good work!

.......Trentham Park Distribution dry.gif so I am stuffed now....! My 9yr old lad noticed the "PETS AT HOME" warehouse too......

Crisis Rail, I agree with Kevblokey nice layout whatever the back scene. Always loved the concrete bridge!

Have you thought about having the back wall removable then you could have the Alcan plant, distribution terminal or what ever you choose just attach the back scene and away you go. This would also give you the option to move the location of your layout.

Crisis Rail, I agree with Kevblokey nice layout whatever the back scene. Always loved the concrete bridge!

Have you thought about having the back wall removable then you could have the Alcan plant, distribution terminal or what ever you choose just attach the back scene and away you go. This would also give you the option to move the location of your layout.

Grimley

I have salvaged the ALCAN warehouse with an option of doing that.Further modifications include a RATIO WILLS footbridge where the CORUS building is.

Archived