• RMweb Gold

A few people have recently requested that I start a thread on here for Chesborough North so here it is. 

many people ask to see a track plan of the layout, unfortunately I simply don’t have an accurate one anymore because Chesborough North has evolved so much during the last few years.  Initially Chesborough North was End to End  with a scenic section of 6’6”  with trains fed into the layout through Traversers.  

Today Chesborough North is looped to a fiddle yard allowing me to run the longer freight workings that could never have happened when operations were end to to end. The current layout is approx 11x5. 

I will kick off this thread with 2 photographs of the track diagram from ECoS controller. I will add photos of the layout past and present and explain the history of Chesborough as we go along. 

1C7E25BB-8583-4906-BB6C-1AB33C3CF4BE.jpeg

1DD24C8A-DC0F-4AB2-9B53-AFB9B42FC3E2.jpeg

D0B8330B-BD9A-4FD9-8F45-31D7D5353BBE.jpeg

Edited by Dicky L
spelling correction
  • Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, big jim said:

Post No1, picture 3, first idea stolen for my layout!

I was wondering how to model the main entrance to the lower level station, I take that is the scalescenes modern station building? 

it certainly is. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Today we start looking at the scenic part of Chesborough North.

Before I start posting photos its important that everyone who views and follows this thread is aware that I did not build this layout. All credit for the build goes to my friend Andrew Jebb. My role in the creation of CN was simply to throw money at the project and allow Andy's creative and technical ability bring my dream to life.

With the above in mind I will try and bring Andy into this thread to answer any technical questions anyone may have because I will not be able to answer most of them.

I don't have the talent to make a layout like this,  I am simply a collector of Locos, Wagons and DMUs and have a passion for taking Photos and making videos of the layout.

Edited by Dicky L
spelling correction
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, JackB95 said:

Been following this layout for a while on Facebook - great to see it on here now.

Good to see you here also Jack. Your former layout heavily influenced the design of the CN Staion area.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dicky L said:

Good to see you here also Jack. Your former layout heavily influenced the design of the CN Staion area.  

I'll have to try and find some pictures of it to show on here  ;) 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, JackB95 said:

Here's my efforts from 4 years ago. Kinda miss it in a way.

20160906_123957_HDR.jpg

Fond memories looking at that again Jack. reminds me of when me and Andy we’re discussing plans for my short end to end layout!!!!!!!

Guest Half-full
9 hours ago, Dicky L said:

Here we have a photo of the entire scenic selection of the layout.

34DA56F7-6BC8-4709-8200-2A65F322D6B7.jpeg

I have a space of 10ft 6" by 5ft at my disposal and have a plan for a continuous run but was worried how the curves would look, I dont think I should worry as much, this looks fantastic!

• RMweb Gold

Everything I have posted so far in this thread relates to Chesborough North Version 2. Today I am going to show you some photos of version 1. CN which was an end to end Traverser fed layout originally . V1 arrived from Andy Jebb having been squeezed into the back of a car with the seats down.

The photos here show the original CN track plan and the layout prior to being put together on the 29th May 2017.

The layout was 13’ long with a scenic section of 6’6”  

553EC09C-A10D-47D9-B421-7CA1BC6E0CAA.jpeg

170E9063-DEFB-4DF9-BDE6-CAAA63817FC8.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

No doubt people who observe the track plan and compare it to the unbuilt version 1 of CN will see that the track plan and layout do not match at all. That’s why I always say I don’t have a track plan, things have a habit of evolving from the original plan.  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Having looked at Version 1 of CN and turning the clock back to 2017, Today we go back to the current version and Have a look at the town Centre which was added to the layout when the major upgrade to CN version 2 took place. 

CC1F74E1-396D-4A82-AE0E-94B8980AA819.jpeg.da91304816031225133fcf9d7ef7c439.jpeg

83FAE517-22B8-498F-B416-C39C2339A422.jpeg

E6EB10B7-B455-49E8-9F27-206D1FBEB672.jpeg

A99D9CBC-0E1A-4A00-AF9B-FACFFFCB2091.jpeg

Edited by Dicky L
photo added
  • Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold

And some more ideas to steal! 

the last 2 pictures are perfect for me as I have that cutting idea in my head but I was looking at my layout and thinking it would look odd, seeing it done properly on your layout has given me the inspiration to go for it 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1