• RMweb Gold

At  the town end of the layout there are Radius 1 2 3 4.  the 2 main running lines are 2 & 3. the line that runs into the tunnel under the terraced houses is radius 1. The outer line through the station is radius 4. The other end just has the 2 main running lines. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dicky L said:

At  the town end of the layout there are Radius 1 2 3 4.  the 2 main running lines are 2 & 3. the line that runs into the tunnel under the terraced houses is radius 1. The outer line through the station is radius 4. The other end just has the 2 main running lines. 

Awesome thanks for the reply. I was worried about how tight radius 2 and 3 curves would look but given how good they look on your layout it should be fine. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

as requested by  @Shoey I will post some shots of some of the wagons used on the layout starting with the Revolution JNA-Ts 

The weathering has been done by a friend of mine so I can’t take credit for them personally, I simply enjoy using these outstanding realistic models that he has transformed for me. 

EEA40DFC-3860-4A44-B4AC-3921668B9DC4.jpeg

DBC923AE-D840-4106-BBAB-B6FED63D3870.jpeg

113F1152-CAE9-4790-B5D0-62AD1E7EA24E.jpeg

E102DE3F-2CE1-4738-83E2-906D2220B42C.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Guest Half-full
On 31/05/2020 at 21:15, Tangoman69 said:

Looking great Dicky, 

love the atmosphere!

That sums this layout up perfectly

There are so many fantastically crafted layouts that have zero atmosphere, its in abundance here

I've just come across this layout on this forum and what a find it is - amazing atmosphere and detailing, it really feels like a modern Northern town!

I wonder if you have any future plans to take it to a show at a exhibition or feature it in a magazine?

Sam

Edited by sammyboy
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

For anyone who doesn’t follow the Hattons Class 66 thread here’s a clip I uploaded to youtube yesterday featuring DB 66097 with a rake of loaded MBAs with scrap loads  

• Like 8

Another great set of pictures Dicky. I hear there's a 5Z53 move in the system from Chesborough North to somewhere up my way soon. Rumour mill suggets a certain celebrity 153. Will you be out to see it? ;)

• Like 1