+laser cut window adhesive

Good Afternoon  fellow members, I recently bought a selection of laser cut windows from Brian Smart models and forgot to ask about a suitable adhesive. I asked   Brian via email and promtly  lost the reply. could anyone who has used the sash window kit advise me about the adhesive used as the kits have ti be built.

Many thanks in advance

Alan in the cloudy Outer Hebrides 

Well, I use Canopy Glue when fixing windows.  It's quite thin so wicks into crevices.  It dries clear.  I put a little in a small container and apply with a small thin brush.

If there is a noticeable excess on the window, it can be removed with a Qtip dipped in water.

John

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hello Brossard,

Thank you for quick reply but just one question. What is canopy glue?, I live in a very rural area in the north west  of Scotland and apart from the local hardware shop my nearest main shopping area is five hours away by ferry and coach so we depend on basics during this time of pandemic. therefore I will have to rely on the internet so I will have to get it right.

Stay safe 

Regards 

Alan

4 hours ago, brossard said:

CA is NOT recommended because the fumes fog the glazing.

I use CA (super-glue) for gluing the glazing in all my buildings and have never had any fume 'fogging'. Although it'll make an unrecoverable mess if you get the glue on a bit of the glazing you want clear. I just take care not to get it where I don't want it

• Like 1