Is there a BR Mk1 TSO available in Maroon?

RBTKraisee

Have you checked all secondhand listings, including Hattons and eBay? You could also consider the 'wanted' thread on the forum. Or even repainting one that is in a different livery.

• RMweb Premium

I have a Mk1 TSO in maroon in my spares box numbered M4780, it will need the bogies putting back on which I can easily do.  I note you are in the US so I am not sure how much postage would be if it is of any use to you?

Hi Tim,

Are those definitely TSO?   Some other sites suggest the 374-012x models are SO, so its a bit confusing.

As I understand it, SO coaches feature a 1-aisle-2 seating arrangement, with tables, whereas the TSO has the 2-aisle-2 seating, with the aisle straight down the middle, also with tables.   I'm definitely after the TSO to make this particular rake accurate.

Sadly, being in Florida there are no local dealers that carry any Graham Farish stock that I can just pop into to go have a look (beside the current stay at home orders), so I've got to rely upon websites reporting details accurately (!) and any good quality photo's that I can hunt-up.

I like that website - its info is presented really succinctly and clearly.   Definitely bookmarked!   I've been using https://www.modelraildatabase.com/grahamfarish/coaches/ and the photo's on many of the pages are really useful.   Mike Trice, here on RMW, also helped me identify the correct model that I needed for this (and other, easier to find, coaches too), so real kudos to him too!

Ross.

• RMweb Premium

All the modern tooling SO/TSO MK1's I have posessed (including the one that is somewhere between here and Florida!) have all had 2x2 seating inside so if it were a SO in number it is a TSO in interior!

3 hours ago, RBTKraisee said:

Hi Tim,

Are those definitely TSO?   Some other sites suggest the 374-012x models are SO, so its a bit confusing.

As I understand it, SO coaches feature a 1-aisle-2 seating arrangement, with tables, whereas the TSO has the 2-aisle-2 seating, with the aisle straight down the middle, also with tables.   I'm definitely after the TSO to make this particular rake accurate.

Sadly, being in Florida there are no local dealers that carry any Graham Farish stock that I can just pop into to go have a look (beside the current stay at home orders), so I've got to rely upon websites reporting details accurately (!) and any good quality photo's that I can hunt-up.

I like that website - its info is presented really succinctly and clearly.   Definitely bookmarked!   I've been using https://www.modelraildatabase.com/grahamfarish/coaches/ and the photo's on many of the pages are really useful.   Mike Trice, here on RMW, also helped me identify the correct model that I needed for this (and other, easier to find, coaches too), so real kudos to him too!

Ross.

M4780 is indeed a SO (1+2 seats) from Lot 30525 - GF 374-012 to 012C are TSO with 2+2 seating.  Although often used as second class dining cars by LM region they also turned up in normal service trains so you can run it with other second opens. There is at least one preserved 2+1 open which has been reseated as 2+2 .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...