Pull Push Ivatt 2MT 2-6-2Tank.

Just a quick question or 2 re these engines. According to all my reference books (not that many tho') the PP fitted engines were 41210n to 41229 and 41270 to 41289, but I have a picture here of 41327 at Barnoldsdwick in the fifties clearly PP fitted. Can someone please confirm the PP fitted engines in this class. Many thanks. Also, the LMS built Ivatt 2MT tender engines, apparently had smaller, lower pitched boilers and a lower running plate than the BR built engines. My second question is, did this also apply to the LMS built Ivatt 2-6-2 tankies? I have a couple of  Bachmann Ivatt 2-6-2 tankies and would like to renumber one of them. Many thanks. 

41327. Barnoldswick, c50's. .jpg

• RMweb Premium

All the 2MTs had the same boiler at the same pitch, BR built locos in the LMS number sequence were identical and the BR standard version only differed in the gap at the front of the footplate. I've never seen a list of which ones were PP fitted though.

• Thanks 1

Another difference between the Ivatt and the Riddles 2MT tanks was that the Ivatts had top feed covers and the standards had clack boxes and the standards had slightly sloping inwards cabsides. So, except for the cabsides, (not too readily noticeable) fairly easy to convert an Ivatt to a Riddles. 

2 hours ago, snowy1051 said:

Another difference between the Ivatt and the Riddles 2MT tanks was that the Ivatts had top feed covers and the standards had clack boxes and the standards had slightly sloping inwards cabsides. So, except for the cabsides, (not too readily noticeable) fairly easy to convert an Ivatt to a Riddles. 

I converted a Bachmann Ivatt to a Riddles 2MT  couple of years ago.

class 2mt.jpg