Model Internal Frame of a Wooden Goods Shed

I'm planning on scratch-building the wooden goods shed for my OO-scale model of Banff, Scotland,

Despite being a complete beginner, and never having built anything more than a cardboard mock-up, but armed with a copy of Paul Bason's Scratch-Built Buildings, I'm feeling comfortable with the process.  Paul's approach is a carcase built from two layers of 0.040" styrene, clad with a layer of embossed styrene to represent vertical planking, which would lead to a combined thickness of around 2.5mm.  This would be close to my guestimate of 4 or 6" internal framing table plus 1" planking, so the total thickness exposed at door openings would be about right to the eye.

However, I think I would like to also model the internal framing, since I think this might be visible through the open doors of the shed.  Again, guessing 4 or 6" framing, I might be able to get away with using 1 or 1.5mm styrene strip, although this would exposed thickness at the doorways to 3.5-4mm, which I suspect would look too thick.

I welcome any input, especially from anyone who has constructed anything similar.

872629485_BanffGoodsShedCropped.jpg.51637a106fb6d8d0c3bf18edbfab2de0.jpg

cheers!! - and thanks for reading.

with vertical board sheathing, you will want to include (in addition to a sill, shoe, double top plates ) diagonal braces at the corners & a minimum of one row of blocking @ midspan of the walls . don't forget nwb castings along the shoe to indicate attachment to the foundation.                           

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks for those that took the trouble to respond to my question.  Regrettably, no one could furnish an answer, so I'm left to suspect that whilst using carcase construction, there is no way to also represent internal framing without the result looking too thick at doorways and other openings.  As a beginner, there's always a chance that I'm missing something.  In this case, perhaps not,

Just in case someone else stumbles over this thread, my "solution" was to only model the framing away from doorways.  In the end, there's probably only the one wall where the framing is likely to be visible, so it kind of works out, if you squint a bit.

In terms of prototypical patterns for the framing, I also stumbled over a recent post by JZ on Ben Alder's The Far North Line thread showing the interior of the Garve goods shed from 2007, which I have replicated.

1278094557_BanffGoodsShed-plasticard.png.8d1bb65bc71501a14525522865fff0f0.png

Edited by aardvark