Spotting days mid 80's to early 90's has now been PRIVATISED

• 3 weeks later...

Work plus a few new models to mess around with have kept me busy for the last couple of weeks, finally got a few minutes to myself.

Here are the last from Bristol and Cardiff and the few I have from Pantyffynnon.

bristol 25.png

bristol 26.png

bristol 27.png

bristol 28.png

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, slg said:

redhill_01.png.17c02d79b89a9e907671dcb4cdb382b5.png

Trying to figure out what that first vehicle is. A first glance I would say bullion van, but they had raised sections on the roof. It has a roller shutter door by the looks of it, and was once a BSK, possibly with the gangway connections removed, but it is clean, almost ex-works in an era when everything was being painted anything but blue/grey....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Davexoc said:

Trying to figure out what that first vehicle is. A first glance I would say bullion van, but they had raised sections on the roof. It has a roller shutter door by the looks of it, and was once a BSK, possibly with the gangway connections removed, but it is clean, almost ex-works in an era when everything was being painted anything but blue/grey....

Courier van? But what's the 4th vehicle, the red one, which seems to have a bad list?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

The first van is certainly a NNX (or NNV) Courier van - converted from BSK. One compartment and the toilet were retained whilst the space for the other three compartments was given over to high-value parcels. I've not seen anything that indicates that the space wasn't left open. A similar van was often included on the Huddersfield to Workington TPO.

The all blue, and red vans are both GUVs. The shadow from the bridge makes the red one look a little drunk. All the others look to be BG.

Steven B.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...