Spotting days mid 80's to early 90's has now been PRIVATISED

Here are a few from Cardiff. I was lucky to have family in South Wales so spent lots of time stood on the bridge at Canton watching trains and even managed a few walks around the shed.

cardiff 01.png

cardiff 02.png

cardiff 03.png

cardiff 04.png

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
On 25/04/2020 at 13:26, slg said:

Here are a few from a holiday visit to Brighton.

brighton_02.png

brighton 03.png

brighton_04.png

brighton_05.png

I visited Brighton regularly in the 1980s by train from Seaford.  I missed seeing these (almost) steam locos as they are probably north of the Lewes line junction - does anyone know what became of them?

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darius43 said:

I visited Brighton regularly in the 1980s by train from Seaford.  I missed seeing these (almost) steam locos as they are probably north of the Lewes line junction - does anyone know what became of them?

Cheers

Darius

I believe the locos are 35009 (now at Bury), and 35011 (at Cricklade), and both still awaiting restoration

cheers 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

From what I remember it is from the period when they were under test. It would be an interesting train to model but difficult with no front coupling on the Hornby model.

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, slg said:

From what I remember it is from the period when they were under test. It would be an interesting train to model but difficult with no front coupling on the Hornby model.

Lack of front coupling is the least of your worries. Looking at the ridiculous prices some people ask for them on eBay, to model that you'd need to spend about 4 million quid !!  :crazy:

Cheers,

Phil.

• Funny 2