Spotting days mid 80's to early 90's has now been PRIVATISED

• RMweb Premium

You're bringing back some fond memories for me with those photos of Crewe's Stanlow pool of 47s. Seeing a pair of them putting the power down through Manchester Victoria ready to lift their Jarrow-bound tanks was always fun. Thanks for sharing.

Simon

• Thanks 1

So glad I had moved to London and didn't witness the destruction of Victoria. I have of course been back since and hate the new or not so new side now of the station. At least they have done a nice job of the remaining Victorian part of the station in the recent restoration/upgrade.

Those Westbury photos bring back memories. For a few months in 1991/92 I worked on the ground floor of the brick building signposted Westbury Area Freight Centre, which I believe was formerly the coal office?

cheers

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Just discovered this thread,  absolutely fantastic.  Its about as modern as I like the railway.  I was lucky enough to be working on BR at this time happy days when common sense still prevailed and not run by over paid risk adverse management who know nothing about the job. Even in this late period of BR the main focus was to keep the job going when things went wrong 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

There was a lot more rolling stock for longer trains especially up here in the North West we went from 5-8 coach trains down to 2 coach trains

Here are some more from home at Leyland starting with some good examples. 

leyland 29.png

leyland 30.png

leyland 31.png

leyland 32.png

• Like 9