I've made a start on a new project, having sold on my previous layout Lynchwood Sidings. 

Working in roughly the same space (6ft x 1ft scenic / 3ft fiddle yard), I'm aiming to model a wagon repair depot similar to what can be found at Tees Yard. It will not be an exact representation due to space constraints. 

Track work will be Peco Code 100 mingled with a Code 75 double slip to give greater operational flexibility. Baseboards are by Tim Horn. 

Work is progressing well, I'm building the structures first and then laying the track, rather than the other way round, having learnt the hard way previously that this doesnt always work out.

I'm currently building the Railway Laser Lines Wagon Repair Depot and would hope to have this finished by the end of the week. 

The layout will be DCC controlled using the Gaugemaster Prodigy Express System. 

20200412_112252.jpg

20200412_140016.jpg

20200412_171010.jpg

20200412_175054.jpg

Edited by Chris56057
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, Southwich said:

Nice work Chris, the repair depot looks a superb little kit.

Looking forward to more.

Will

Thanks Will, it certainly is a nice kit - looking forward to getting it completed and on the layout. 

22 hours ago, Alcanman said:

Looks like an interesting project, I liked your last layout Lynchwood sidings.

I built my Tees Yard WRD layout in a simllar size space to your project.

tywrd 12.11.15 001new.jpg

Thanks, I have taken a lot of inspiration from your layouts - particularly the smaller details and the way you integrate the scenic areas together.

• Thanks 1

The staff at Denton Lane WRD are delighted to host celebrity GBRF "Shed" 66789 as it lays over whilst waiting for it's rake of BYA steel coil wagons to be assessed in the shops. 

Progress has stopped as I await supplies, however should be able to start again soon.

20200417_152517.jpg

Edited by Chris56057
  • Like 1

Testing after an afternoon of installing dropper wires, everything seems to be running well. 

I had planned to have a double slip at the entrance to the yard but have now swapped this out for a medium radius left hand point. 

20200418_174811.jpg

Edited by Chris56057
  • Like 3

Steady progress has been made over the past week. I was deliberating about the track plan and have now settled for what you see here - I think this will provide enough interest for the long term. 

All the wiring has been completed. I can't fit point motors as they can't be ordered at the moment. 

I've bought a few of the new Accurascale buffer stops - I think these look quite good and will get some lights to fit behind these. 

The wagon repair building is shaping up well too. I'm really looking forward to adding some lighting and other bits into here. 

I've got a bit of space to add a mess room / booking on point facility so I'm looking into options for this. 

Anyway here's some photos of the layout. 

20200426_163024.jpg

20200426_180633.jpg

20200426_180619.jpg

20200426_180610.jpg

• Like 7

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 08:14, Chris56057 said:

Steady progress has been made over the past week. I was deliberating about the track plan and have now settled for what you see here - I think this will provide enough interest for the long term. 

All the wiring has been completed. I can't fit point motors as they can't be ordered at the moment. 

I've bought a few of the new Accurascale buffer stops - I think these look quite good and will get some lights to fit behind these. 

The wagon repair building is shaping up well too. I'm really looking forward to adding some lighting and other bits into here. 

I've got a bit of space to add a mess room / booking on point facility so I'm looking into options for this. 

Anyway here's some photos of the layout. 

20200426_163024.jpg

20200426_180633.jpg

20200426_180619.jpg

20200426_180610.jpg

Looking good Chris56057

All the points have now been wired up for DCC, modifying them so that they are live at all times. This is a fairly simple job to do and prevents stalling from locos with short wheel base etc. I've also removed the spring from the point. 

I've managed to add some Cobalt IP Analog point motors which are working well. These slow action point motors really are some of the best around and I'll be constructing a control panel using the Alpha Switch soon. 

I'm quite particular about slow speed prototypical running and therefore taking the time to test each piece of rolling stock over the entire layout to ensure everything is working well. 

Going forwards, I've got some yard lights to add in and wire up to the accessory bus, lay the trackwork for the fiddle yard and make a start on the tree line at the back of the scenic section. 

20200517_183852.jpg

• Like 1