Taking the plunge.

gobbler

Well, I've decided to take the plunge, or at least a dip of my toes into some semblance of a small model railway.  Even though im a key worker, making sure hospital and care home maceraters and bed pan disinfectors are running properly, I still have time in the evenings to fill.  

So this past weekend I've made 2 small baseboards 285mm x 960mm.  Thats all the wood and timber i could muster.  The idea behind this is a practice board, so i can try out different scatters, flocks, static grass and other scenic items, to hone my skills until i can get the space and materials needed.

Over the last few years I've scratch built wagons, coaches and carriages,  but have had nowhere to run them!

Well, at leat here i can have a bit of shunting fun.

It will be a BLT based in Essex/East Anglia region, around the time of transition, allowing me run my class 31 and my cravens 105 dmu.

Eventually i hope to have a fiddle yard a sector plate or a cassette system just passed the bridge.

So here it is.......

Excuse the batten on the side, didn't have any hinges to align the boards.20200413_164909.jpg.becec945195aa3901a7d9e6acfae4277.jpg

The station area has enough space for a two coach run around and the shortest siding can accommodate 4 wagons.

Its not much, but its a start.

Cheers

Scott

• Like 3

Looks good. Are you folding the board or just using hinges with loose pins for alignment?

If hinging wallpaper table hinges allow the boards to hinge over each other.  I know you can't go out and buy them but you can't buy wallpaper either so nick them off your wallpapering table until the crisis is over.

5 hours ago, DavidCBroad said:

Looks good. Are you folding the board or just using hinges with loose pins for alignment?

If hinging wallpaper table hinges allow the boards to hinge over each other.  I know you can't go out and buy them but you can't buy wallpaper either so nick them off your wallpapering table until the crisis is over.

My plan was to use the hinges for alignment only.

The boards will be separate,  i planned on using the back scene so I could bolt both pieces together for protection, something like this when in storage.........

20200414_083555.jpg.34bad1ef3f9bee5e0df69280bee8e68d.jpg

Cheers

Scott

• Like 2