Turntable Options

Hi All

I am trying to go through turntable options for my layout.  It is loosely based on the Aviemore shed arrangement.  I currently have a standard Peco turntable that I was going to use but I was wondering if anyone could point me in a more suitable 65ft turntable which is maybe not from the main manufacturers?  I am aware there are a number of smaller makers out there.

Thanks in advance!

• RMweb Gold

As you say, a few artisan makers out there such as Brassmasters. Not sure if there are any 65' tables, but certainly 60'.

The other way is to go for an HO turntable from a European producer. Some will scale out to about the size you are seeking. But they take a bit of work to make them look more British.

Somewhere in my "stash", I have a Walthers (Heljan) N gauge table which is designed for super large US locos so might work as a small 4mm scale turntable. If you like, I will dig it out and check the dimensions.

PS: Always pleased to see a layout with the right size of turntable. So many layouts spoiled by a turntable which is much too large for the location.

Edited by Joseph_Pestell
Add
  • Like 1

HOn3 is 3.5mm ft scale with a 3' track so the table would suit you with the track needing to be changed to 16.5. HON30 is the same scale but witj 9mm gauge track. The pit diameter is 231mm which in 4mm works out at just under 60' more than adequate for anything based at Aviemore. Hi s work always gets good reviews and they are a lot easier to assemble than the scale British options. It also doesn't look out of place as a UK table either.

• Like 1