Salmon Wagon updates

20 hours ago, AY Mod said:

As an interim update it's not been possible for Flangeway to be able to give a meaningful answer as the issue is still being investigated between Dapol and China so Flangeway are waiting on hold too. As has been evidenced further back in the topic they're happy to deal with customers' wishes on a case by case basis.

So, does that mean they will extend the return date, or should everyone return theirs's now ?

( And, yes, I have bought some. )

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, phil gollin said:

So, does that mean they will extend the return date, or should everyone return theirs's now ?

It doesn't mean any of those things (I've just checked and can't see any intimation towards anything at all like that), if you have purchased any and want to speak to them do so.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Jack97m said:

Just had a quick look through the last couple of pages and can’t see anything mention this so I thought I would, just went onto the footplate website and it seems they’ve removed all the salmon wagons from the website. 

They're still for sale from Footplate on eBay should anyone require them.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Or repeating it without a further point?

I merely made a correction to a typo in my original post - how it has appeared as a repeat post is beyond me!

I received a notification that a member had reacted to the original post, and saw that I had made a spelling mistake. Being a bit OCD, I corrected it, but the correction has appeared as a new post.

I had no intention to repeat my post.

John Isherwood.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

I merely made a correction to a typo in my original post - how it has appeared as a repeat post is beyond me!

I received a notification that a member had reacted to the original post, and saw that I had made a spelling mistake. Being a bit OCD, I corrected it, but the correction has appeared as a new post.

I had no intention to repeat my post.

John Isherwood.

You probably hit quote not edit John, easily done as I have found out.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is the width out as well? I ask this question as I picked up via Shapeway 2pairs of deck mounted hoist thingys and was dissappointed when they arrived yesterday, the they nearly 4mm to wide. Sadly I've thrown away the boxes and weathered my 3 salmons.

• Informative/Useful 1

Just been and measured, deck width is 30mm, crane foot width 34mm. It becomes obvious that both length and width are compromised just comparing the salmon with other wagons (Dapol grampus for instance) . Buffer centre line is out as a result as well, having oval buffers meant I didn't spot this either. I've no layout so didn't immediately put the salmons up against other wagons until now. Oh well back to Cambrian, now where did I put those kits.

4 minutes ago, w124bob said:

Oh well back to Cambrian, now where did I put those kits.

Good luck getting ahold of them if you have to buy new ones. I waited five to six weeks for Eileens Emporium to complete my order of 4, with Alan Gibson wheels. Considering I ordered only 1 salmon back in December, i think this whole c*ck up has seen Cambrian raking it in. 

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, w124bob said:

Is the width out as well? I ask this question as I picked up via Shapeway 2pairs of deck mounted hoist thingys and was dissappointed when they arrived yesterday, the they nearly 4mm to wide. Sadly I've thrown away the boxes and weathered my 3 salmons.

Darius43 has added hoists to a Cambian kit and found the hoists were too wide for that as well

Edited by Ramblin Rich
corrected link

• RMweb Premium

The cranes do slightly overhang the deck, based on the photos on Paul Bartlett's site: https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/p737727572/h24cb414e

I'll dig out my unbuilt Salmon and compare it to the dimensions on the weight diagram, but I don't recall the Cambrian kit being out by very much at all. 

Edit: Cambrian Salmon measures 31mm across the deck (over the outer face of the solebars) or 7' 9" in 4mm. 

BR weight diagram says 8' 1.75" overall width, though its not clear as to what that is, it could be the brake wheels or over the outer edge. So potentially the Cambrian could be just over 1mm underwidth? 

Edited by CloggyDog
Added info
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Bearwood West Yard said:

Good luck getting ahold of them if you have to buy new ones. I waited five to six weeks for Eileens Emporium to complete my order of 4, with Alan Gibson wheels. Considering I ordered only 1 salmon back in December, i think this whole c*ck up has seen Cambrian raking it in. 

I managed to get 4 Cambrian Salmon kits from a seller on eBay for £9.99 each a few weeks ago before the rush started.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...