Salmon Wagon updates

7 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Press release from Footplate.

Flangeway Salmon Wagon – update – 19/03/21 

Following an issue found in January regarding the Salmon wagon, we are now able to provide an update on the issue along with the remedy.

Hi,

I’m pleased to hear a resolution has been found and look forward to having the opportunity to look at, and purchase, these wagons in the future. 

Cheers

Alan

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Phil Bullock said:

Just to be clear please ... will the originals be re-released with the early bogies?

Many thanks

We will be releasing a statement regarding the next steps of what stock will be released in due course. We will not be doing a full re-release of the wagons previously done but will be updating our customers who retained their orders and offer them a solution within the next week. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

This morning I received an e mail from Footplate/Flangeway, advising that they are producing a new run with correct length bodies and extra bodies as replacements for the underlength  ones in the first run. They are asking for my details, presumably to get a handle on the numbers needed. This is a good resolution, well done Footplate.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, rembrow said:

This morning I received an e mail from Footplate/Flangeway, advising that they are producing a new run with correct length bodies and extra bodies as replacements for the underlength  ones in the first run. They are asking for my details, presumably to get a handle on the numbers needed. This is a good resolution, well done Footplate.

Indeed we are, however, just to be clear though, we are asking for people to confirm their details to ensure everything is up to date. We are aware of how many replacements are needed. :) 

Edited by Richard Barnett
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

That is good news as I held off buying any due to the concerns regarding the length. I have some staff coaches that need a load of assorted wagons to go with them.

Cheers,

Philip

35 minutes ago, Clagsniffer said:

Will the people who returned their models for refunds have the opportunity to reorder the correct length wagons?

Thanks.

Once we have serviced replacements, there maybe an opportunity for original upgraded wagons to go on sale, however our primary focus is to replace bodies for those customers who have kept their wagons and release our new ASF bogie variant. 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 minutes ago, Jack97m said:

I saw the question asked but I don’t think it was answered. Do we know what will be happening to the shorter wagons which were first released if the will be put back on sale. 

thanks 

We have some thoughts but that is not for discussion at this moment in time. :) 

• Thanks 1

If the solution is to produce new scale-length bodies, that presumably means that the bogies on the initial batch were correctly scaled - ie the problem was only with the deck moulding.  If new decks are being provided to existing purchasers, then it would seem to me to make sense to fit the same new tooled deck to the bogies of returned stock and sell these as corrected wagons.  However, that would then mean that the shorter deck wagons would then be without bogies and I'm not sure what market there would be for an under-scale wagon with no bogies.

Anyway, as others have said, I'm pleased to hear that a solution has been found and if the new decks are the correct length and look as good as the photographs of the incorrect version, then I'll still be in the market for the ASF bogie variant when it becomes available at a future date.

Good news about the retool to correct the length. I hadn’t ordered any of the first batch only as it’s the more current ASF bogie variants I was after to convert to Ospreys. I will keep an eye for when these are available to order.

thanks

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Personally i’d aim to get the shorties off the market because..

a. They exist and some will still buy then undermining sales of the correct ones.

b. There isnt much else for them, so a. will persist, and people just buy bogies for them.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Personally i’d aim to get the shorties off the market because..

a. They exist and some will still buy then undermining the correct ones.

b. There isnt much else for them, so a. will persist, and people just buy bogies for them.

Never stopped Hornby selling their short LNER and Mkiii coaches!

• Agree 4

• 1 month later...
On 19/01/2021 at 17:44, Opelsi said:

Well I only said 'May be reaching' (elasticity of demand).

Question is to those buying, what is you price elasticity (how much would you pay for one)?

I have three but would not have paid much more for them.

I didn't buy the Olivia's bogie tanks, until they fell in price through Hattons as they were past my pricing point I was willing to pay.

Anyway - they are lovely wagons and I hope you enjoy them as do I.

Two Cavalex BBAs sold for £210 on eBay the other day. I think that answers your question!

4 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Two Cavalex BBAs sold for £210 on eBay the other day. I think that answers your question!

Sorry, I beg to differ.

There will always be outliers where a certain individual or very small number of purchasers will pay a premium.

One could in fact argue in this scenario that the market itself has contracted to very a minute and finite supply and that demand is greater than supply at this extreme end of the supply curve.

Further down the supply curve, and at a different point in time when supply was greater the market would not bear such high costs.

This can be demonstrated by the fact the although vendors will seek the maximum given sale price for stock, if that price you quote was the shop price, most buyers may not have bought units at that price. Hence to sell the stock the market price was indeed lower.

Oh and thanks for the funny face too! lol

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Opelsi said:

Sorry, I beg to differ.

There will always be outliers where a certain individual or very small number of purchasers will pay a premium.

One could in fact argue in this scenario that the market itself has contracted to very a minute and finite supply and that demand is greater than supply at this extreme end of the supply curve.

Further down the supply curve, and at a different point in time when supply was greater the market would not bear such high costs.

This can be demonstrated by the fact the although vendors will seek the maximum given sale price for stock, if that price you quote was the shop price, most buyers may not have bought units at that price. Hence to sell the stock the market price was indeed lower.

Oh and thanks for the funny face too! lol

You aren’t related to Viz’s Mr Logic are you by any chance..... ;-)

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1