Changing Signature

• RMweb Premium

Hi folks,

Today I posted a new layout thread, so I decided to add this into my signature as I and others have done over the years.  The problem is that I cannot get it to work.

As in previous occasions I began by trying to add a link to the url of the opening post; the system inserted the current style of link that includes and extract from the OP.  The system will not let me save that, telling me it doesn't conform to the required restrictions.

I then tried simply changing the wording of the existing signature - no direct link, but at least the title of the thread.  Again, it wouldn't let me save it giving the same reason.

Could someone guide me as to what I am doing wrong, and how to put it right?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Alex.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Alex TM said:

Could someone guide me as to what I am doing wrong, and how to put it right?

The system should advise you that there is a limit to the number of lines to a signature, or links. I can see you've got a wasted line in your sig so that may provide you with a solution.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Alex can choose to display it as a link rather than the preview.

Hi again Andy,

Seem to be having a lot of "D'oh!" moments this week.

How do I change the display?  Having the link to the layout thread shown simply as a url would be ideal.

Sorry for taking up so much of your time.

Regards,

Alex.

• Moderators
Just now, Free At Last said:

That's easy, just hide all signatures.

You should see how many messages I get for "I've hidden all the signatures, how do I get them back?".

• Funny 2

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Alex TM said:

How do I change the display?  Having the link to the layout thread shown simply as a url would be ideal.

There should be an option (shown as a black highlight) asking if you want to 'Display as a link' instead.

I've done it for you now.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Alex TM said:

Hi Alex,
When you paste a link, after a couple seconds this box appears at the bottom of the signature area.
You may have to thus delete and re-paste the link to see it?
Don't forget, you can also use the "chain" icon (where the text formatting options are at the top of the signature) to display a link as a text instead of an URL (as you can see in my signature).

RMsig.jpg.f7a73a7067cd90d76dffcde13ee4a4b4.jpg

(Andy beat me to it!)

Edited by SouthernRegionSteam
  • Thanks 2

• 8 months later...

Can someone please let me know how to edit the signature? I've done it before but since the last lot of forum software changes there doesn't appear to be any way of either adding or changing it. When I go to edit my profile all I can see is contact information, profile information and profile fields. The only thing it shows that I have filled in is my location and there is no signature and no apparent way of changing or adding one.