Antics Online Store

Big_Stu

Just a quick note to say that I am very impressed with the service I have received from Antics via their online shop. I have placed two orders with them so far and have had no problems.

The last order was placed at 9 PM (NZST) 11 May. The parcel was sitting in my mailbox this evening when I got home from work. Less than 7 days to get an order from one side of the world to the other is pretty damn sharp in my opinion.

While I don't use Antics for everything I will certainly use them again if necessary.

Cheers

Stuart

• RMweb Gold

Antics in Plymouth is a very useful shop, but they just don't carry the stock that they used to. I remember as a child going in their (only about 15 years ago now) and 3/4 of the ground floor was purely railway related items, now there is about 1/3, the rest being model buses. It is a real shame and I do wonder if the new improved shop at the South Devon Railway at Buckfastleigh has played a part in it.

Regards,

Nick

• 1 month later...

Hiya

I believe that just recently, Antics in Guildford has closed down. The website no longer shows them listed in the quantities either.

While I admit that I wasn't too fond of the guy who ran it, I did find that it was always well stocked or would order stuff in very quickly.

This just leaves ModelZone in Guildford, which sadly for me, doesn't stock anything N Gauge related.

Regards

Hiya

I believe that just recently, Antics in Guildford has closed down. The website no longer shows them listed in the quantities either.

While I admit that I wasn't too fond of the guy who ran it, I did find that it was always well stocked or would order stuff in very quickly.

This just leaves ModelZone in Guildford, which sadly for me, doesn't stock anything N Gauge related.

Regards

Or Bachmann either - but then where would they put all the the figure models of "Chucky" etc... - who buys that c*ap ??

• 1 year later...

Just a quick note to say that I am very impressed with the service I have received from Antics via their online shop. I have placed two orders with them so far and have had no problems.

I too was very impressed with the speed with which Antics online dispatched the order that I purchased from them. There was a package in my mailbox within 4 days of placing my order; it was probably the fastest delivery I'd ever had from the UK, and at only £5 for shipping, I thought it was great value too. Limited disposable income for model railways means that I usually buy heavily discounted items from a Liverpudlian retailer, but I regularly check out the Antics site as a result of my experience with them.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just wanted to add my own positive comment on Antics online service. Their prices on o gauge, particularly Dapol RTR and Slaters & Parkside kits are really good. Their service is quick and efficient and their customer service is also prompt and helpful. On the basis of my three orders to date they are my go to o gauge suppliers.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Antics online service is first rate and used it a few times during lockdown. Did one click and collect from the warehouse too and worked a treat. Very impressed.

• Agree 1

• 3 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

Another vote for Antics - I live about 3 miles from their warehouse - you can pop in Mon-Fri - excellent stock of modelling materials - they can move stuff between shops within a day or so - I don’t buy ready to run trains so no idea about their prices.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Another shout out for Antics.   Having been let down by Hornby over my long awaited pre-order for the BR Standard 2MT, I trawled the internet and found it advertised by Anticsonline for pre-order at a price within my budget last Saturday morning and I placed an order.  Lady from Antics phoned on Wednesday to confirm my address and loco 78047 arrived safely this morning and very well packed.

Edited by cessna152towser
  • Agree 1