If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello from London

GWL

Long time reader, first time poster!

I'm a theatre production sound engineer in London, who grew up in North Somerset.

My imagination was captured by the ghosts of old branch lines that snaked around and through the villages near my childhood home - specifically The Strawberry Line, Clevedon branch, & WCPLR.

A pile of Hornby 00 gauge track and several models of local GWR stock has been sat in a box in our tiny flat from a childhood 6'x4' layout that closed to goods and passenger traffic circa 2008. 

Like all of us, I have some time on my hands for who knows how long, so I'm embarking on a small layout project that will ultimately last for as long as the lockdown does!

In short, the layout is a fictional GWR country terminus (because we can't get enough of those!), perhaps a preserved line, based upon a shrunken version of the B&E / GWR station in Clevedon, N.Somerset, to be built on two 100cm x 60cm Ikea table tops with Code 75 track.

I have found much inspiration and advice from this forum, and I'll be starting a blog in the appropriate section shortly where I will go into more detail. I hope that documenting my progress provides some interest and points for discussion, and that I can glean further hints and tips from you all!

Stay safe and well, everyone!

IMG_7153.jpeg.d33b9b0c189159e439dc63e387123b1d.jpegIMG_0522.jpeg.29de72a6650615a5483c7d2a32c678de.jpeg

IMG_7157.jpeg.9dcdaee5ceac346d11da02588694bb56.jpegIMG_7158.jpeg.39f7cdd6ee36cdae848edc78e6cbef08.jpeg

Edited by GWL
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...