Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Graham Bean, aka Devonseasider of this parish

Dunsignalling

• Moderators

Thanks for the notification John. I am really sorry to hear the news, especially ahead of the (sadly cancelled) Members' Day next weekend at which, I am sure, we would have seen him as was often the case. 

RIP. 

• Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

Thank you John. I actually knew, having met, Graham a few years ago when he so kindly offered to meet me at Seaton Junction as he lived very close to that place. We spent an interesting day together exploring that folorn place and looking at Axminster and a visit to Buffers, the local Model Shop and later his wonderful loft full of railway at his home. This, of course, is very sad news and I am really upset about it as we had discussed maybe meeting again. He had also done local research for me and taken photographs of such importance up at the Junction Station. A lesson here to live every day and make the most of the time you have.

My sincere condolences to his Widow.

Phil 

• Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear. That is very sad news indeed. My thoughts are with Graham's family. 

I was due to take Mutton and the Radials to the Thorncombe show this year having been asked by Graham to attend, an invite I was extremly pleased to receive. 

My sincere condolences. 

Rob 

• Friendly/supportive 7

Very sorry to hear this unexpected news. I knew Graham very well and exhibited at the Thorncombe show several times. He was a true gentleman with a wonderful sense of humour and it was always a pleasure to meet him and chat. My sincere condolences to his family.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Extremely sorry to hear this, Graham was a good friend and we often had a lot to laugh about.

We seemed to bump into each other in and around our county at the most strangest of times and had the hobby at heart.

He was indeed a true gentleman and will be sorely missed.

My thoughts are with Graham's family and sincerest condolences.

You will be sadly missed mate.

Grahame

• Friendly/supportive 6

I have only just heard about Graham's passing through a third party and am really shocked. I knew he had some health issues, but he always seemed so upbeat about it. I am lucky enough to be able to call Graham a friend and we shared many laughs together over several years. We had both exhibited at each other's shows and he was due to bring "Tormouth Quay" to Exmoor Rail at our postponed show in 2021.

He was a lovely guy and will be sadly missed. My sincere condolences to his wife Sheila and the rest of his family. R.I.P.

• Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold

Very, very sad news.

I first met Graham whilst exhibiting at Barnstaple show with Wheal Tiny, he came and watched several times, as the little lift raised & lowered.

Years later he was so very good to Chris & myself as we visited Seaton Junction and Pecorama. 

Despite the absolute torrential rain, he guided me round the station building & what's left of the dairy, then met us again at Beer to accompany us around the site with Mr Pritchard himself, after have presented us with complimentary tickets.

He also helped with the Member's Day event in Taunton, marshalling the carpark and generally helping out where needed.

RIP Graham, very glad to have met you.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Awful news, so very sorry to hear about this. I had been invited on a number of occasions to exhibit at his show, but unfortunately the dates never quite gelled with other commitments, something that has always been a source of regret. Like many others, I used to bump into him at various shows in the region and he was always unfailingly upbeat and positive.

He also kindly brought 'Tormouth Quay' to the Taunton Members Day in 2014.

My deepest condolences to his widow and family. May he Rest in Peace.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jack Benson

A great shame to hear of Graham's passing. Remembered from early encounters on RMweb and his kindness at the Thorncombe show.

Cheers and Stay Safe

Having just read about Graham in railway modeller it's so sad he will be greatly missed I only said today to my wife I must ring Graham we haven't been in touch to have our usual up to a hour long chats I now know why.A great great friend when I was Ill he always said I am only a phone call away if you need any help, my sincere condolences to his wife Sheila and family RIP great man.

Steve

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...