Heljan Turntable not working correctly

Hi,

I've recently installed a Heljan turntable and initially setting it up was quite straightforward and on different days it would remember and go to the correct track, now though it's a different story.

The turntable keeps loosing it's programmed positions and just keeps spinning around non stop. I performed numerous calibrations with the turntable spinning around first fast and then slow speed after hut has passed the sensor without stopping. I've not removed the bridge, the contacts when I installed the turntable were all perfectly clean, the turntable is level as checked when installed.

A factory reset sorted the problem out briefly, calibrated fine, programmed  the positions again, but then back to square 1 as the saved program positions didn't work.

If I try and delete a programmed track I get Err 1 message and the only way it seems to clear that is to switch it off and on again. I know the instructions claim this means no contact with the bridge, but since I'd just calibrated it, I don't believe it's a contract issue with the bridge causing the error code.

I've also got the same error code when I incorrectly tried to program a track. The instructions are very poor.

I have starting to get fed up with the thing as wish I never bought it as there should not be all these problems. I thought the ADM turntable was expensive but in hindsight maybe was the better investment.

Any thoughts/ideas are welcome as to why it is not working correctly anymore?

Cheers,

Simon

I've also noticed something different from when I first set up the turntable. If I selected a track to move the turntable, the only track numbers were those programmed. Now the Tr number that can be selected is numerous and is I try and program for track 3 I get the Err 1 message.

The only problem I have had my Heljan Turntable is dirt on the sensor causing it to lose calibration, this is easily cured by cleaning the sensor and then letting the turntable run round until it finds its home position. The turntable then remembers its preset positions and it is not necessary to re-calibrate it again.

You seem to have tried everything but haven't mentioned the power supply mine runs of the 10amp DCC bus but if you are on DC you should have a separate 15volt AC supply to the unit, is this OK.

Failing this if you cannot get it working can you contact your supplier and get it changed as you mention that you have just bought it.