The run-up to the Virtual Members' Day

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

So I turned it over to see the conditions (I've not had a first class ticket for many years)...

Computer.jpg.e5431f5819297f6487a1c684a732d8a4.jpg

...?

You need to get out more...

• Funny 3

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Pig Lane packed complete with stock and tools ready to go to Taunton

If I was going I'd have plumped for the car.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6

• Moderators
Just now, Clive Mortimore said:

Who needs a car, got three of these to pull it.

I think you should have left last week. :biggrin_mini2:

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

37 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Who needs a car, got three of these to pull it.

003.jpg.6d20b89b568c1ad8edd8f221de775131.jpg

001.jpg.08eda0d47b4ca230667a9da368b04203.jpg

004.jpg.d19f22db5e795ac6e31d9f0d5ffecc90.jpg

Isn't that the wrong sort of horse? Those are ones you sit on not pull things with even though one seems to have four extra legs laying on the ground!

Is the first one a Bob Marley fan?

Edited by mullie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil Bullock said:

Old Tom..... have you tried it? 

Afraid not, I usually stick to bitters, golden ales and craft lagers. But I might get some pork pies and crisps to virtually share. :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, SouthernRegionSteam said:

Hmm... do you think the domestic authorities have noticed this giant white box in the dining room... and what are my chances of setting up its contents in the room?
One way to find out...

You're lucky to be able to use the dining room - I've been ejected from ours as it's now in use for my son's home office until further notice and his international comms kit is spread all over the modelling dining table.  Mind you with a bit of luck and a long lockdown he might be the one who'll have to 'tidy it up' for so it can be used for Christmas Dinner.

Here it is being put to its proper use when detailing and slightly amending the appearance of an r-t-p building for a previous SWAGday -

1177942113_DSCF5685copy.jpg.3444e65e33fe777eb58cb77686b6fc3f.jpg

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

You're lucky to be able to use the dining room - I've been ejected from ours as it's now in use for my son's home office until further notice and his international comms kit is spread all over the modelling dining table.  Mind you with a bit of luck and a long lockdown he might be the one who'll have to 'tidy it up' for so it can be used for Christmas Dinner.

Why do you think I designed and built my own folding workbench! :D
Sunday lunch came around too quickly to be able to keep using the dining room table as a modelmaking desk...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, SVRlad said:

The strongest cider I’ve ever had was Cider House Special by Special Cider Company, near Bridgnorth. 7.3%, but the apples that went into it weren’t picked by monks. ;)

Off to Morrisons later, does anyone have any recommendations on stuff to get for not preparing for the exhibition? 

Anything from the Black sheep brewery in Masham! But plenty of good South West ales such as ‘Proper Job’ or ‘Tribute’ 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, mullie said:

Isn't that the wrong sort of horse? Those are ones you sit on not pull things with even though one seems to have four extra legs laying on the ground!

Is the first one a Bob Marley fan?

They are adaptable. Top one (who likes reggae) is a fell pony so should make a good pack horse. The middle is Welsh, I know we can't hold that against him, should do as he is told. The bottom is Romanian so before coming here could have been used for pulling stuff. 

Being able to put the layout, stock and tools on the one barrow meant at last year's Ally Pally I was able to pack away zoom out to the car, no having to wait for my turn to bring my car up to be loaded and I was on the A1 just after 5.00pm.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SVRlad said:

The strongest cider I’ve ever had was Cider House Special by Special Cider Company, near Bridgnorth. 7.3%, but the apples that went into it weren’t picked by monks. ;)

Off to Morrisons later, does anyone have any recommendations on stuff to get for not preparing for the exhibition? 

You need to go a little further SW of Bridgnorth for the proper stuff

https://oliversciderandperry.co.uk/product/dabinett-cider-750ml-9-3/

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

You need to go a little further SW of Bridgnorth for the proper stuff

https://oliversciderandperry.co.uk/product/dabinett-cider-750ml-9-3/

Driven past  Oliver's quite often since living here but not yet visited.

However, surely not right to take Herefordshire cider to an event in Taunton - even a virtual one.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Driven past  Oliver's quite often since living here but not yet visited.

However, surely not right to take Herefordshire cider to an event in Taunton - even a virtual one.

It could be a good fund raiser for charity. How much will they pay for me to take it away again - or, even better, how much will they pay to compare it with their own brew in a blind tasting? 

Edited by jonny777
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, SVRlad said:

Afraid not, I usually stick to bitters, golden ales and craft lagers. But I might get some pork pies and crisps to virtually share. :)

THE DARK SIDE.jpg

• Funny 3