The run-up to the Virtual Members' Day

• RMweb Gold

So the journey (not) to the deep south has begun for Charwelton. As in preivous years we will make a stop off at a secrect location in the north west that contains a nice real ale store!!

As you can see in the photos we are (not) hard at work loading the van in the only place in Darlington thats had rain today :dontknow:

IMG_6821.JPG.bb04c75826783d7badcc4906bb10c1aa.JPGIMG_6822.JPG.74312a03c1571e2597a9ee5a82347ca0.JPG

See you all on Sunday, If we can get across the border!! :jester:

Edited by Mr.S.corn78
  • Like 11

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Mr.S.corn78 said:

So the journey (not) to the deep south has begun for Charwelton. As in preivous years we will make a stop off at a secrect location in the north west that contains a nice real ale store!!

IMG_6821.JPG.bb04c75826783d7badcc4906bb10c1aa.JPG

I hope you told the bloke at Hertz about that scratch on the side. After all you don't want an argument on Monday over a van you never hired. :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 2
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Phil Bullock said:

From my own experience how much easier does a Luton with tail lift make these forays???? Cracking....

It all depends how good the parking is at the off licence. 

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

From my own experience how much easier does a Luton with tail lift make these forays???? Cracking....

Tail lift by all means. But  I think Abbotswood might be a bit heavy for a Luton-bodied Transit.

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I hope you told the bloke at Hertz about that scratch on the side. After all you don't want an argument on Monday over a van you never hired. :biggrin_mini2:

SShhhh, Its ok we don't use Hertz any more so they won't notice when we paint the side of the van with tin of humbrol 22 :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Lots, even more so when one of the team who has a big flightcase tech production box with all the spres and repairs parts in that weights a lot and we can't lift it that high.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr.S.corn78 said:

SShhhh, Its ok we don't use Hertz any more so they won't notice when we paint the side of the van with tin of humbrol 22 :biggrin_mini2:

Been there and done that. Rubbed a gate leaving the club, fortunately there were years of thick black paint on it so no real damage. Stopped for 'T-Cut' along the way and spent a while in Germany making good. The Humbrol came up just right and found plenty of muddy puddles on the way home to 'weather it'. Fixed:rolleyes:

• Like 4

• Moderators

Right; I think I'm actually ready (or where I can be right now). My rounds of the pub quiz for tomorrow night are now with the Quizmaster, a couple of videos edited for layout owners, my content for the layout topic prepared, the interviews I've done with the manufacturers this week are all prepared for Sunday and I'm up to date with the donations and ticket allocations.

I can put my feet up now!

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
Just now, AY Mod said:

Right; I think I'm actually ready (or where I can be right now). My rounds of the pub quiz for tomorrow night are now with the Quizmaster, a couple of videos edited for layout owners, my content for the layout topic prepared, the interviews I've done with the manufacturers this week are all prepared for Sunday and I'm up to date with the donations and ticket allocations.

I can put my feet up now!

Keyhaven all set up then ?

• Agree 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Off to Sainsburys shortly for essential shopping - including cake ingredients. Fortunately we dont need flour....

Is there enough sugar in the country?

• Funny 4

It's just as well that Clinkerford now lives in Somerset, I don't think I'd get all those boxes in the little dinghy I've commandeered  to cross this inconvenient stretch of water. It was bad enough circumnavigating all the Garda check points to get to the East Coast. I hope there won't be an unwelcome welcoming committee when I finally come ashore somewhere near Bridgewater. Now where's that baler, my feet are getting wet.

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Ian J. said:

I've checked my cupboards and fridge and I don't have any pasties!!! :O

Should I risk getting a G******s?

I was planning to buy a pasty to join in on Sunday. But none available in Morrison's today apart from the Ginster's Moroccan Vegetable. I think that is disqualified on two counts!

• Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

37 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Off to Sainsburys shortly for essential shopping - including cake ingredients. Fortunately we dont need flour....

Had we been convening in ‘real life’, we could have introduced this as a forfeit for the losing team... :D

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5389747/amp/Do-want-shot-splitting-moment-tip.html

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I note your use of the plural, and applaud your ambition.

Production Line Modelling Mick.......just like my weathering....adequate if uninspiring in my case..(although Lockdown may mean I have to fire up the spray booth  between Missendens..)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Deservedly so. 'See' you on Sunday. Should be fun. :nowink:

Definitely...Saturday is my Birthday and I feel I'm honour bound to replicate the "Sunday morning" feeling so often associated with 2 day shows...I should have been at NEWGOG on Saturday and had a Curry night planned with what I laughingly call my "operating team"...Mrs me has suggested we stay in and have steak and chips...she's usually right....

• Like 4
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Pub Quiz!!!

8PM on Saturday.

Nice job taking this on; it's worth coming to see the outfits. Lockdown's getting to Phil!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4