The run-up to the Virtual Members' Day

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

No, just no! 

21 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

I was planning to buy a pasty to join in on Sunday. But none available in Morrison's today apart from the Ginster's Moroccan Vegetable. I think that is disqualified on two counts!

What would be a suitable alternative? A Devon pasty...? ;)

• RMweb Gold

Well we've (not) made it to the first over night stop. Well we did several hours ago and have been working through the beer store.....

JSPG7223.JPG.a6b2506f049e06eebea12adde25ff9bc.JPGMHMD0558.JPG.8a268d631b200afc6aeddb4d217d8dfc.JPGPDEJ7914.JPG.a3ed712fe82e44c7da4a2d3fce61f8ea.JPGPWUG8138.JPG.26dc3298dde6328a5eb3f2d6a49e8a71.JPGULJE4907.JPG.b101a49005eac4e29a1142d1e394ca23.JPGXBDO8453.JPG.6abad631b00df29590fff13fbc683e1b.JPGYEEK4303.JPG.06f1d739d09518fb9754465715f1af03.JPG

We may make it tomorrow or we may not.................:dontknow:

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I've packed miniature Ropley into the miniature demo freight train and it's on its way to the virtual West:

Hang on, he's going the wrong way! COME BACK........!

Tom.  

• Like 9
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Right; I think I'm actually ready (or where I can be right now). My rounds of the pub quiz for tomorrow night are now with the Quizmaster, a couple of videos edited for layout owners, my content for the layout topic prepared, the interviews I've done with the manufacturers this week are all prepared for Sunday and I'm up to date with the donations and ticket allocations.

I can put my feet up now!

Have a cold one on me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

I was planning to buy a pasty to join in on Sunday. But none available in Morrison's today apart from the Ginster's Moroccan Vegetable. I think that is disqualified on two counts!

Three by my count.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Mr.S.corn78 said:

Well we've (not) made it to the first over night stop. Well we did several hours ago and have been working through the beer store.....

We may make it tomorrow or we may not.................:dontknow:

Alcoholic D&B sounds very interesting.

Now, I can understand how you woudl find a wild cat, a stag or even a sheep up Cairngorm, but a fully-rigged ship? I think you'd have had too many bottles by then.

Cheers!

• Funny 3

Purely by chance, my planned meal for this evening is pasty, mash and (mushy) peas; has to be mushy peas (with mint sauce) - it's a Northern thing :)

Washed down of course with some ale:

IMG_20200424_155617.jpg.b7247891839e1a23d69e06f407625125.jpg

That's actually yesterday's bottle with the mini barbecue for one (and Doggo) just photo bombing on the left :)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

23 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Time to take a trip down the M5, maybe I should do it in Google Street View. 

No speeding, and watch out for the county lines police patrols, they're stopping suspicious looking people...

Edited by Stubby47
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, mullie said:

Probably still congested!

Prunes. 

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, mullie said:

Probably still congested

Not too bad and I've yet to see a caravan which has returned itself to its constituent parts and scattered a brummie's laundry acros 3 lanes.  I usually do. 

• Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Alister_G said:

Here's the result of my day: Two Parkside 16 tonners:

Good result, Al.  :clapping_mini:

Far more productive than my day, all I managed was to cut off 3 inches from the legs of 4 bar stools for the kitchen, and clear up the mess in the workshop. Again.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Good result, Al.  :clapping_mini:

Far more productive than my day, all I managed was to cut off 3 inches from the legs of 4 bar stools for the kitchen, and clear up the mess in the workshop. Again.

Thanks Mick.

Those bar-stools hey, nothing but trouble.

Al.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Ok, 2nd attempt at posting this...

Last year Mark F and I were demonstrators at Member's Day and travelled down to SWAGonia on the Saturday. Leisurely trip down, a half day riding trains on the WSR. Chips and local cider bought at Minehead.

The evening starting out with a viewing of Bath Green Park, followed by a chance discovery of the Quantock Brewery Tap House. Lunch with some reprobates at the Lethbridge Arms, followed by pudding at the Tap House. 

A great day but this year the plan was to arrive at Bishop's Lydeard much earlier and get a full day of trains in....

To be continued...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold

This time last year I was heading east & north along the A30, passing all the caravans still in one piece heading south & west, with the incessant repeats and clueless waffling of Pirate FM battling with the incessant slicing and dicing of pixelated fruit from Chris's ipod as he rode shotgun.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Now it is customary to have had a trip or two arranged on the Saturday before the Great Event, and sadly this year there probably won't be many trips out for any of us for the forseeable future.

So I decided to organise a couple of trips today, you're welcome to come along.

• Like 13