The run-up to the Virtual Members' Day

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Alister_G said:

Blimey Jam, I hadn't realised how much paraphernalia you had used to make the video, very professional.

It does show in the finished article though. :good:

Many thanks, Al!
Yes, it's surprising how much stuff goes along with all this photography/videography malarkey.
The two LED panels and circular diffuser were recent purchases so that I could properly photograph diorama commissions any time of day/night.
They've been put to use practically every day since! But professional? I wouldn't go that far !:D

Alrighty, video rendering as we speak, ready for a very late post into the layout topic soon:

1959838728_Videobeingedited.png.c53d3741c41dd6845f20e84aaa2594c9.png

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
On 26/04/2020 at 15:17, SouthernRegionSteam said:

Many thanks, Al!
Yes, it's surprising how much stuff goes along with all this photography/videography malarkey.
The two LED panels and circular diffuser were recent purchases so that I could properly photograph diorama commissions any time of day/night.
They've been put to use practically every day since! But professional? I wouldn't go that far !:D

Alrighty, video rendering as we speak, ready for a very late post into the layout topic soon:

1959838728_Videobeingedited.png.c53d3741c41dd6845f20e84aaa2594c9.png

Hello Jam, could you tell me what software that is and how you rate it please.

David

• RMweb Gold
Just now, dhjgreen said:

Hello Jam, could you tell me what software that is and how you rate it please.

Hello David,
It's Adobe Premiere Pro; perhaps a bit of a steep learning curve, but it's the only software I've used for video editing since I began some years ago.

As with all Adobe programs, it has its quirks and things that take time getting used to, but there are plenty of tutorials out there, should you wish to learn about it. Personally, I just experimented and taught myself to use it, although this does mean I probably have a more limited grasp of it than those who follow tutorials! As an example, I only recently learnt you can Alt+scroll to zoom in and out of the timeline at the bottom there... and that's after goodness knows how many years of using it!

Anyway, as I said, I've never really used anything else (aside from Windows Movie Maker back in the day!), but it does what I want it to do, and once you get the hang of it, you'll probably stick to it as your go-to video editor. The only downside is that like most software, it's expensive!

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, SouthernRegionSteam said:

Hello David,
It's Adobe Premiere Pro; perhaps a bit of a steep learning curve, but it's the only software I've used for video editing since I began some years ago.

As with all Adobe programs, it has its quirks and things that take time getting used to, but there are plenty of tutorials out there, should you wish to learn about it. Personally, I just experimented and taught myself to use it, although this does mean I probably have a more limited grasp of it than those who follow tutorials! As an example, I only recently learnt you can Alt+scroll to zoom in and out of the timeline at the bottom there... and that's after goodness knows how many years of using it!

Anyway, as I said, I've never really used anything else (aside from Windows Movie Maker back in the day!), but it does what I want it to do, and once you get the hang of it, you'll probably stick to it as your go-to video editor. The only downside is that like most software, it's expensive!

Hope that helps!

As soon as I saw Adobe I knew it would be beyond my needs, thank anyway.