What is this Virtual Members' Day then?

• RMweb Gold

I have often wondered if it would be possible to arrange a holiday ‘down there’ and gatecrash the SWAG do.

Perhaps this is the year that I get to not do it.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 minute ago, BoD said:

I have often wondered if it would be possible to arrange a holiday ‘down there’ and gatecrash the SWAG do.

Why not before i moved to south wales I would travel down from Yorkshire for the members day & still travel from Neath

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, BoD said:

Couldn't agree more BoD with my not umpiring I have a free weekend so could have fired up the car and created havoc in Taunton.. Pah!

Baz

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Off topic content about GW stations in the NW removed. :mad_mini:

Sorry, fair cop (I started it)!

Serious point, as this is a fund-raiser, I shared the idea for the event with members of the family and they think it’s a great idea.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Guys, 

This sounds like a brilliant event, and I've come a bit late to it.  Is there a description somewhere of how to take part, or what sort of software/apps I need?

Thanks very much, Dave.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, DLT said:

Hi Guys, 

This sounds like a brilliant event, and I've come a bit late to it.  Is there a description somewhere of how to take part, or what sort of software/apps I need?

Thanks very much, Dave.

Excellent!

Just pack up the virtual layout, save some petrol money and virtually show one of your layouts off with pics or video in the topic I'll open up on the Sunday morning.

There will be a separate topic set up for the Sunday for the virtual demos and off we go.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I look forward to virtually attending as to keep my 100% Attendance record up. 

Due to space in my Broadband I could virtually visit with a couple of layouts and quite a bit of stock.. 

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

having made the real trip a couple of times, I'll try to bring  along  some 'Work in Progress'. Having the real 'Work in Progress'  it'll make a change. This will mean that 'Work in Progress' will make a virgin trip down the stairs in 5 years. 

I might bring along Mrs. Smiths' supercharged whisky Christmas cake. Subject to negotiation, of course. Parking here is pretty good on a Sunday, but only after 10am

Being a complete, 5-star internet Klutz, this will be interesting. Strangely, I'm looking forward to it.

keep safe, everyone,

Ian.

• Like 4

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, 47845 said:

Is there room outside for a Virtual Miniature Railway Andy?

I think there'll be space in the car park this year Steve but I've had a better idea; you can run the shuttle service from Taunton Station for those not coming.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, AY Mod said:

I think there'll be space in the car park this year Steve but I've had a better idea; you can run the shuttle service from Taunton Station for those not coming.

A most agreeable plan.... Let me fire up the welder and get some more track made!

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I was looking for old photos of the setting up the hall from previous years (so we'll know what doesn't need doing this year) and feel I've been hacked by Black Rat...

shirts.PNG.e18ffc07a1b5644956829cf3507d19df.PNG

The beer & chips image was also part of the preparations last year by a couple of the exhibitors - this session was closely followed by a visit to the tap house at BL and then the Lethbridge Arms...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

I was looking for old photos of the setting up the hall from previous years (so we'll know what doesn't need doing this year) and feel I've been hacked by Black Rat...

shirts.PNG.e18ffc07a1b5644956829cf3507d19df.PNG

The beer & chips image was also part of the preparations last year by a couple of the exhibitors - this session was closely followed by a visit to the tap house at BL and then the Lethbridge Arms...

While you were wearing that shirt on the right? :D

• Moderators

We're getting some incredible trade support for the event and to extend the fundraising beyond the planned charity auction I'll be opening up a prize raffle around the middle of this week which will run through to the end of Sunday.

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

We're getting some incredible trade support for the event and to extend the fundraising beyond the planned charity auction I'll be opening up a prize raffle around the middle of this week which will run through to the end of Sunday.

Oww a Raffle back to the old day of the Member days

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• Moderators
Just now, mozzer models said:

Oww a Raffle back to the old day of the Member days

Yes, I know I'm going to give myself migraines next week. I will be writing a "You have 24 hours to respond or forfeit the prize" into any communications.

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, KNP said:

Well I have my virtual contribution packed just can't get out of the crate!!!!

2611.jpg.9b401a9f234add86266afab5c99a5878.jpg

That's the first 2 quiz questions sorted:

1. What's in the box?

2. How do we get the box off the lorry?

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 6
  • Agree 2