What is this Virtual Members' Day then?

59 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

That's the first 2 quiz questions sorted:

1. What's in the box?

2. How do we get the box off the lorry?

1. The new Dapol Manors.

2. You don’t - you ask RMwebbers to form an orderly queue and the chap sat on the lorry hands each Manor out one at a time. :)

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Pasty vouchers

These will not be provided this year. Following complaints by the celebrated icon on the pasty voucher, to whit that the image should be removed and the whole voucher updated, it was decided to cancel the whole Member's Day event and blame it on the Covid-19 virus.

My gratitude at your munificence can surely know no bounds.

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

I was looking for old photos of the setting up the hall from previous years (so we'll know what doesn't need doing this year) and feel I've been hacked by Black Rat...

shirts.PNG.e18ffc07a1b5644956829cf3507d19df.PNG

The beer & chips image was also part of the preparations last year by a couple of the exhibitors - this session was closely followed by a visit to the tap house at BL and then the Lethbridge Arms...

And before anyone jumps to any conclusions...

One of the exhibitors' mentioned in connection with chips, beer and the Taphouse was me.

I won't tell you that Mark F was the other.

IMAG7665.jpg.45b2db843b6effc501472440376f1ddc.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, SVRlad said:

1. The new Dapol Manors.

2. You don’t - you ask RMwebbers to form an orderly queue and the chap sat on the lorry hands each Manor out one at a time. :)

Sounds like the basis of a tv program.....

What can we call it....

I know!!!

To the Manor born

• Like 2
  • Funny 8

22 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Some administrative notes for this year's event:

Name badges

Name badges  will not be provided this year, you are of course at liberty to make your own and wear / display as you feel necessary, so those around you know who you are.

Pasty vouchers

These will not be provided this year. Following complaints by the celebrated icon on the pasty voucher, to whit that the image should be removed and the whole voucher updated, it was decided to cancel the whole Member's Day event and blame it on the Covid-19 virus.

Floor plan. 

As both 2018 and 2019 last year's floor plans were completely disregarded by some (mentioning no names but he ended up being interviewed first by Mr 'Where's My Cake' Parker), this year you can make your own decision as you where you stick your layout/demo/trade stand/whatever and best of luck with it. And you can provide your own power supply too.

Car parking.

In order to provide room for some of the larger exhibits, please park responsibly. In your own driveway, if possible. Please do not expect to claim any expenses for any parking fees thus accumulated.

Expenses in general. 

We are pleased to be able to provide travel & accommodation expenses to the same level as last year, claims to be made on the back of a £20 and posted to Cornwall.  Beer expenses will not be considered.  Cake expenses will just be laughed at.

Setting up.
Please do not turn up at the hall before 2021. Remember the doors open at 10:00 and you've had ample time to get things ready.  You've only yourself to blame if you've not finished / started your fiddle yard.

Other items may be added to this list, please feel free to contribute.

Site access

You know where it is so please follow the relevant postcode on your SatNav. Any roadworks or other obstacles on the route are not the reponsibility of the Exhibition Manager.

Access times

These are set according to your alarm clock.

• Like 2

Well, it looks as if I might be able to not come along after all.
Two weekends away from west Cornwall was domestically a no-no,

as I had intended to meet up with some South Wales friends the weekend after in Bristol

and exchange gossip, goodies, etc.,
So, hopefully I should not be there for the SWAG dooooo. :D

Edited by Penlan
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

A set of 300  wagons !!  But in HUO scale ?

59 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

They must be from his secret stash as they're sold out on the website.;)

56 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Ve haff vays. :biggrin_mini2:

Sehr interessant ... .

However, saying that, I always thought that a lot of Modelleisenbahnen in certain parts of the European mainland were more likely to be to HO scale.

Obviously, I could be very much mistaken ... .

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Huw Griffiths said:

I'm not sure exactly where this photo was taken - but I could imagine some people regarding this as a suitable backdrop for a few micro layouts.

Not with that shirt...

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Huw Griffiths said:

I could imagine some people regarding this as a suitable backdrop for a few micro layouts.

3 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Not with that shirt...

Dunno ... I'm sure most of us have seen a lot worse at model railway shows.

• RMweb Premium

On 20/04/2020 at 17:54, 2ManySpams said:

One of the exhibitors' mentioned in connection with chips, beer and the Taphouse was me.

I won't tell you that Mark F was the other.

Funnily enough, I was browsing through the Quantock Brewery's online store just the other day.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1