Bachmann CLASS 37 RUNNING PROBLEM - SORTED

RBC

Hoping someone may help on this I.

I purchased a Bachmann Class 37 (21 Pin DCC Ready) at a Toyfair just before lockdown for very reasonable money.

It was mentioned it had an issue, directional lights were red when going forward and white at the rear which was no big deal, a quick fix or so I thought.

That's me just got round to testing and found the following.

When putting the controller to the forward position the directional lights are correct (white at front and red at rear), however the loco itself runs in reverse.

Exact same going the other way, lights correct but loco goes the wrong way.

Have taken the body off and all looks in order, no sign of any wire issues or tinkering, all factory soldered etc.

Swopped over the blanking plate but still the same.

Any idea on what the problem might be and how to overcome ??

Many thanks

Edited by RBC

Sounds like someone has been inside and played with the wiring.  I had to fix one for a friend.  The previous owner had used DCC so he just set it up accordingly.  Basically I just went in and reversed the output to the motor.  However do make sure that it still runs fwds when it is supposed to.  If it doesn't it gets a bit more complicated.    It is my understanding and experience that the direction of an 8 pin blanking plug doesn't make any difference but I have seen some 21 pin plugs and they do have a  position mark so it might be worth a simple check to see if blanking plug orientation makes a difference.