RMweb's NHS Charities fundraiser - the BIG prize draw.

• Moderators
Just now, Buhar said:

if my number comes up can I swap my prize for a virtual cake party with Phil?

I'm sure if you're offering cake rather than taking any off him you will find him obliging.

If anyone doesn't particularly want any of the prizes there will be other ways to give at the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, russ p said:

Just wondering if I've done something wrong everyone else has been thanked but me!

Apologies, missed the previous post! No offence intended, it's been a bit frantic here this afternoon.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Apologies, missed the previous post! No offence intended, it's been a bit frantic here this afternoon.

Cheers Andy I'm sure you have got a lot on with it all.

Hope you do well with it

On  on a serious note throughout the 50s to the early 90s this country spent billions on civil defence mainly on a fairly pointless scheme to restore normal life after all out nuclear was around the country there were food and material stores and many huge underground bunkers that amongst other things contained hospitals but these were for a very select few.

The point is that these civil defence plans also included plans and that would have included stores for an emergency such as this

Its absolutely vital at this moment that schemes such as this are supported at the moment as the NHS needs them badly at the moment 

However once this is done there should be an in depth public enquiry to find out why civil defence has been so neglected over the last thirty years 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

This great news Andy as you say a truly remarkable effort in such little time this has been running.

I've contributed also that famous saying from a well known shop = Every little helps 

Cheers 

Colin 

• Thanks 1

I'm in too....great idea Andy...we all must stick together in these testing times. Did it by paypal, safe and easypeasy method to happily donate to this with the greatest pleasure.

Regards to all as always

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AY Mod said:

If anyone doesn't particularly want any of the prizes there will be other ways to give at the weekend.

That is a relief. It would be really embarrassing to have won the 9F and then have to convert it to EM and repaint it in Stroudley's  Improved Engine Green.

Best wishes 

Eric 

• Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, burgundy said:

That is a relief. It would be really embarrassing to have won the 9F and then have to convert it to EM and repaint it in Stroudley's  Improved Engine Green.

Best wishes 

Eric 

I've been worrying how to re-gauge the Heljan 43xx to 16.5mm...

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

I've been worrying how to re-gauge the Heljan 43xx to 16.5mm...

Put it in the washing machine on a hot wash, then tumble dry on full heat. You’ll need to bend some rails into a loop the loop first though :) 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I’m in - a worthwhile cause and effort by all. Wonder if I’ll have the stress of having to make a decision about a prize? Oh well, gotta take that risk.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I know I am now going to be the most reviled person on RMWeb, but, why all the willy waving by those of you taking part, do we really need to know?

Are you also going to tell us which other charities you support?

Or maybe I'm missing something?

Mike.

Taking nothing away from Andy's superb initiative and efforts.

• Agree 10
  • Thanks 1