RMweb's NHS Charities fundraiser - the BIG prize draw.

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, jcm@gwr said:

I clicked on 'Purchase Raffle Tickets', but it only gives the option of making a donation.

Have the all raffle tickets sold out, or do you have to click further to find them?

You make your donation and Andy converts your £s into the same number of tickets.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

You make your donation and Andy converts your £s into the same number of tickets.

Ah, so that's how it works, thanks Stu.

Pity that nobody mentioned it before.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, 5 C said:

With the thread now so long, a reminder of how the raffle/donation process works is probably worthwhile.

Exactly my point, that's just repeating what was said, and what I read.

Which says 'buy as many (tickets) as you like', nowhere does it say 'you can't actually buy tickets, you make a donation and we give you tickets to that value'.

It's not obvious, and I was trying to buy tickets, not make a donation, I assumed they were 2 different things, because nobody said otherwise.

Edited by jcm@gwr

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, jcm@gwr said:

Which says 'buy as many (tickets) as you like', nowhere does it say 'you can't actually buy tickets, you make a donation and we give you tickets to that value'.

It's not obvious, and I was trying to buy tickets, not make a donation, I assumed they were 2 different things, because nobody said otherwise.

This is the graphic which appears four times in the starting posts of the topic.

image.png

It's as self-explanatory as I can make it. It links to the Paypal page which allows a variable amount to be donated - there's not an option to have a page which says 'buy x number of tickets at y price'. We're just trying to do something worthwhile without over-complicating things.

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

Such a shame we can't all get together this year...... even more so as this years shirt was, shall we say, 'rather special!'

As I'm usually fleeced, sorry I mean persuaded to buy tickets, or bid for something I neither want or need in the auction, I'm delighted to be able to support the raffle.

Going to miss the usual gang of reprobates and rascals.

Stay safe all........ see you in 2021!

Nelly.

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jcm@gwr said:

The second post in the thread makes it very clear :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

I can't speak for others, but if my "numbers" didn't make it into the "hat", I would neither know nor care. This isn't about winning but giving. 

And as the prizes on offer don’t necessarily fit on Kingzance, putting any prize I was lucky enough to win back into the pot is an option too, hopefully raising a little more, even if the sum generated so far exceeds our Mod’s expectations.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, jcm@gwr said:

Well you know now. ;)

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 23/04/2020 at 08:57, Enterprisingwestern said:

why all the willy waving by those of you taking part, do we really need to know?

Are you also going to tell us which other charities you support?

Well, I am going to neither confirm nor deny that I may or may not have made a donation or not, as the case may (or may not) be (or not be), depending on the weather (or lack of it) and the phase of the moon (or whether Jupiter is in opposition to Neptune), with the wind behind (or in front), as the case may (or may not) be, as it were (or wasn't).

Oh, and please, Blackrat, can we have a photo of the shirt that you were planning to wear this year. Hanging up on a hanger or draped over the back of a chair will do!

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Oh, and please, Blackrat, can we have a photo of the shirt that you were planning to wear this year. Hanging up on a hanger or draped over the back of a chair will do!

Surely he can wear it so we can appreciate how the light refracts from the multitude of effervescent surfaces? ;) 

with trousers! Just to be clear ;) 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Surely he can wear it so we can appreciate how the light refracts from the multitude of effervescent surfaces? ;) 

Careful, you are tempting a descriptive exposition concerning artistic and aesthetic verisimilitude.

• Funny 2

3 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Careful, you are tempting a descriptive exposition concerning artistic and aesthetic verisimilitude.

You might need this.....

rogets.jpg.jpg.beb49cb73b309984b4063b5ee818cbd9.jpg

Mind how you go! :jester:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1