RMweb's NHS Charities fundraiser - the BIG prize draw.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

That sounds like carte blanche to purchase any such bargain in the future, without fear of reprisal!

Job done !!

You have to pick a day when the wind

is blowing in the same direction.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

A bit late picking up my emails as I have spent most of the day blasting the crap off the  patio  back yard and as a result I was covered in muck and in need of a shower.

Prize number 12 has now been claimed - the Accurascale O Gauge HUO wagon - as I am starting to build up a 7mm collection, thanks mostly to Chris Klein, Dapol and Ebay!

According to Andy's email, the following are still up for grabs - come in number 13, you're next

Accurascale OO Gauge 3 x HUO wagons

Bachmann Collectors' Club - 12 month's membership

Footplate Models OO gauge independent snowplough

TMC OO Gauge Goathland Church

Congratulations to all the other winners and special thanks to Andy, Phil, Stu etc etc for an amazing day - Mary couldn't understand why I kept coming back to the PC to see all the updates and there's so much there to refer back to - especially the weathering demos.

Many thanks to all the 'key workers' who are keeping the country going - especially the NHS.

Mike

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I see that whoever was in the back room folding up the raffle tickets got 3278 caught up with 3279 . . . . . !

Many years ago at our local Mickleover (Derby) show, we were running a Tombola with a donated Graham Farish set as the star prize which was still there late Sunday afternoon, with two guys both buying handfuls of tickets as there were hardly any left in the drum. At the end they both insisted on emptying out what was left to prove the winning ticket was there - thank goodness we found it !!

• Like 3

Hi all,

Lucky number 13 here!! 

I’m glad to be able to donate to such a worthy cause, the NHS is something we should all be so proud of and protect, now and during ‘normality’.

Thanks to Andy and co for a great event, on a fantastic forum.

Stay safe everyone,

Pete

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I've claimed my prize (No 11), and it will be interesting to see the Dean Goods doing a bit of preservation work on my S&P vignettes as and when they come to fruition.

But above all this has been a win for the NHS charities. Well done all of us for supporting them :)

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I am emerging from my cave to say I picked up No14 and chose the Bachman Collector’s Club subscription. As I also had the 16th ticket, I have suggested to Andy that he gives that to another contributor. What a total - well done - and what a cause!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Kingzance said:

I have suggested to Andy that he gives that to another contributor.

Tried that and he was similarly generous in sharing the love down the list. A good job I ran some extra numbers in case I couldn't get hold of people so that's still working its way along.

All donors (apart from the one above) have now been notified of the relevant winners' details so hopefully some of the goodies should start appearing through postal and courier systems soon.

• Like 11

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I wondered Is there a best in show award?

Nope, not appropriate. You can choose your own favourite.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Nope, not appropriate. You can choose your own favourite.

I think you should have said favourites plural they were too good to pick out one 

Don

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 28/04/2020 at 22:26, 247 Developments said:

Well the 247 prize has been clamed & the order is packed & ready to be posted out later this week

Package arrived this morning.

Many thanks to all ...... from organisers to prize givers to everyone else who donated.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

And postie delivered this to Churchdown (No not Churchward!) yesterday

Can only echo what @BoD has said.....

BAEF136A-0877-43AE-8A0B-7CCF6C7B2F5D.jpeg

Edited by Phil Bullock
Photo added
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Okay, there was a bit of groundwork put in before the fundraiser but it's pleasing to see that the project flowed well enough; 4.5 days for entries, money paid over on the Monday and prizes to the well-deserved winners in under a week after the end of the draw. All of the winners were so pleasant and quick with their communications which was pleasing too. Hats off to the donors and carriers!

And massive thanks to you and the team for all the work that made it work so smoothly Andy

• Agree 16
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

it's coming by Herpes so it's a bit slow...

Lucky it got collected on the Thursday as booked, they picked up just before 20.00 :/ - hope it arrives soon! 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I demand a redraw!!

Mike.

I was the official adjudicator watching Andy do the redraw. You still won nowt feel free to collect at any stage.

• Funny 11

• RMweb Gold

Surely that's not all the prizes,  who won the talc, the scented candles and mixed grill pack. Its not a proper raffle without them!! :mocking_mini:

Jerry, who once won a carrier bag of cooking apples - fallers!

• Like 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, queensquare said:

Surely that's not all the prizes,  who won the talc, the scented candles and mixed grill pack. Its not a proper raffle without them!! :mocking_mini:

Jerry, who once won a carrier bag of cooking apples - fallers!

Good news Jerry, you've won 1 litre of ice cream. Andy put it in the post to you, should arrive in the next 3-4 days.

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Good news Jerry, you've won 1 litre of ice cream. Andy put it in the post to you, should arrive in the next 3-4 days.

Brilliant, I'll start stewing those apples! :-)

jerry 

• Funny 4