RMweb's NHS Charities fundraiser - the BIG prize draw.

7 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

although this is a railway event, so trains may be subject to delay....

Or cancellations....  :scare:

The real result is the amount donated to the NHS Charities Together Covid-19 Urgent Appeal.

The raffle is just the icing on the cake!

• Agree 9

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

I went to Malta (we were staying in Gozo) some years ago. Would love to go again and see some of the sites that wife was not so keen to see.

Maybe, next year...

Special place for many reasons - and so much history. Did go many years ago but like you need a return visit.

• RMweb Gold

Terrific result for the NHS Charities, well done to everyone involved, organisers, participants, traders et al.

I didn't get to see much of the weekend activities as the wife had other plans for my time but from what little I did manage to read it, primarily the demonstrators stands it was very well received.

There were some geat prizes donated and congratulations to the raffle winners.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

What a brilliant collective achievement! Many thanks for organising this aspect of the event Andy and thank you to everyone who donated towards the cause. 

I have to to say if a virtual thread could have a show-like atmosphere, Sunday's Taunton layout topic certainly did! 

It is lovely to be part of a community who actually really care for other people and come together when times are tough.

Best wishes to you all and thank you again to our frontline workers, who have been just simply fantastic since this awful situation started.

Kind regards,

Nick.  

• Like 13
  • Agree 4

Congrats to all the winners, but as has been said, the real winners are all those who are putting their own lives on the line to look after those suffering. An outstanding total of just under £8,000, particularly when many have uncertainty with their jobs and future.

Many thanks to everyone who put in the hours, so we could all have a very enjoyable virtual show yesterday.....

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 3
  • Agree 15

• RMweb Gold

A great effort and well done to all concerned and I thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Great to see the monies going to a good cause.

Flippin' eck though,   two prizes. :o

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Evertonian said:

Well done Andy and Co., 7919 eh - another wonderful WR loco honoured !  If I knew how to post

a picture of Runter Hall I would, no doubt somebody will......

Regards and good health to all,

Chris Knight

Ha ha great minds think alike 

https://thetransportlibrary.co.uk/image/catalog/P/G/1/4/PG1454.jpg

And she was an 85A loco for 6 months in 65 before transferring to Oxford where she survived until the bitter end.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Blimey that’s a stunning amount :) 

Well done all for organising it and thanks to all the exhibitors and prize donations. 
I think that can be considered a success if we have to do it occasionally under the new normal and damn good fun to boot! :) 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Phil Bullock said:

@Andy YNo doubt will be along before too long - although this is a railway event, so trains may be subject to delay....;)

Most of them are running early down our way - well the interesting ones worth timing the dog walk for...

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Outstanding work Andy. Thanks to you and all involved for your efforts in raising this sum, and for organising the virtual members day!

Tom.  

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

A great event, big thanks to the organisers! :locomotive: It will never replace real people meeting up, and of course the circumstances are tragic. But as others have suggested, maybe there's an opportunity to do something similar in the future in a happier context.  I hadn't fully realized beforehand what an opportunity a virtual event/exhibition also is for those of us who are abroad, or otherwise not able to attend exhibitions regularly. 

I hereby propose that SWAG redefine its territory to everything Southwest of the Bering Sea.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• Moderators
1 minute ago, big jim said:

Charity auction £155? 

is that the grand total for the Bachmann 117, photo course?

The only item which attracted bids was the Bachy Bubble Car, probably because the other experiences couldn't be taken yet.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

The only item which attracted bids was the Bachy Bubble Car, probably because the other experiences couldn't be taken yet.

thats a shame, i was tempted by the 117 auction too, hopefully a rerun of the other items after lockdown may bring a few more quid in too

• Agree 4