RMweb's NHS Charities fundraiser - the BIG prize draw.

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

A great event, big thanks to the organisers! :locomotive: It will never replace real people meeting up, and of course the circumstances are tragic. But as others have suggested, maybe there's an opportunity to do something similar in the future in a happier context.  I hadn't fully realized beforehand what an opportunity a virtual event/exhibition also is for those of us who are abroad, or otherwise not able to attend exhibitions regularly. 

I hereby propose that SWAG redefine its territory to everything Southwest of the Bering Sea.

Mikkel, I have the honour of being the Honorary Consul of the Noble Realm of Swagonia in the Colonies of New South Wales and New Holland. I understand that the equivalent post in the Monarchy of Denmark is currently vacant. I can think of no better candidate than your good self.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Is it too late to buy the winning ticket @AY Mod?

Yes! But I have found a special £1000 entry ticket for you to win a fiver if you want it.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

I think at the moment new untouched notes might be preferable ;)

Jokes aside, it will be interesting to see what, if any, effect this whole situation has on physical notes and coins when we come out 'the other side'; I suspect a big drop. About the only time I have cash on me is when I got to model railway shows! 

Edited by Brinkly
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, AY Mod said:

I will shortly start contacting everyone in turn to take their choice from the prize list.

I'm now as far as 8th spot which is good going in one day. Stand by your emails!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Any update on who's taken what ?

I could be in danger of incriminating people as to what they may or may not be trying to sneak into the house on the pretext that 'they won it at the weekend' but I can say that this is what's still to be picked.

247 Developments £20 Voucher

Accurascale O Gauge HUO wagon

Accurascale OO Gauge 3 x HUO wagons

Bachmann Collectors' Club - 12 month's membership

Cavalex Models - 3 x PGA wagons

Footplate Models OO gauge independent snowplough

Kernow MRC - OO gauge 4TC set

Oxford Rail OO Gauge Dean Goods

TMC OO Gauge Goathland Church

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

As has already been said by so many the real winners here are the NHS charities - and also the RMweb community for the wonderful display of solidarity in delivering such a fantastic outcome.

Having checked the form with @Andy Y I confess! As second out of the hat I have claimed the Heljan 43xx which was still available - and yes SWMBO knows, she is already contemplating my application for a garden railway. She did suggest that as she baked the cake it was hers by right.... I was going to point out that as there is no GW mogul on her dress she had no grounds to make such a claim - see

image2 (4).jpeg

but that might have put my Blue Pullman at risk ! So not going there....

So a huge thank you to Andy Phil Stu and all the team - and specifically to Heljan for donating such a wonderful prize. I really am overwhelmed....

Edited by Phil Bullock
Added text
  • Like 17
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

I will be placing an order with Hattons at some time in the future.*

Obviously, whilst I was delighted to win, and without wanting to sound trite, the old adage ‘it’s not the winning that matters but the taking part’  was never truer than  in this situation.

* You can bet your bottom dollar that I will end up spending more than the voucher and that’s  the bit I would like to keep from Mrs BoD if you don’t mind.

• Like 6
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, BoD said:

* You can bet your bottom dollar that I will end up spending more than the voucher and that’s  the bit I would like to keep from Mrs BoD if you don’t mind.

I got a rollocking from Mrs B! Why had I not bought one of those Lionheart bargains available over the weekend to go with it! 64xx and 2 coaches for less than £250 IIRC! I did point out I only knew today - and on a roll, I checked the web site but they had all gone.....^_^

• Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

I got a rollocking from Mrs B! Why had I not bought one of those Lionheart bargains available over the weekend to go with it! 64xx and 2 coaches for less than £250 IIRC! I did point out I only knew today - and on a roll, I checked the web site but they had all gone.....^_^

That sounds like carte blanche to purchase any such bargain in the future, without fear of reprisal!

Job done !!

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

That sounds like carte blanche to purchase any such bargain in the future, without fear of reprisal!

wait til the adrenaline wears off and repeat that slowly to yourself . . 

:D

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

I got a rollocking from Mrs B! Why had I not bought one of those Lionheart bargains available over the weekend to go with it! 

Technology lesson one, put voice memo on front screen of smartphone or carry small electronic dictaphone to catch one of these rare events and capture for posterity. Then while she listens to it next time, start running it might give you sufficient head start . . . 

;) 

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, PaulRhB said:

Technology lesson one, put voice memo on front screen of smartphone or carry small electronic dictaphone to catch one of these rare events and capture for posterity. Then while she listens to it next time, start running it might give you sufficient head start . . . 

;) 

Can I borrow your dictaphone?

• Funny 1