Improvised Inglenook

Hello,

I looked out my old model railway equipment for my grand daughter to use when she can visit again, I'm using the Ezee track which came with the Underground Ernie starter set. 

This afternoon I set up, as a test bed, a Inglenook sidings layout using the Underground Ernie Bachmann Ezee track neither of the  two shunters, a Hornby class 08 and a Lima 09  ran well so I resorted  to using the driving unit from one of the Underground Unit units as it has a conventional coupling on the rear end. The wagons are Mainline and Bachmann. 

The Bachmann unit ran well over the track the only slight problem is the coupling is slightly too low.

Here's a snap of the track set up on the dining table:

y1fmC37.jpg

I'm sure the old shunting engines need the wheels and contacts cleaning and probably a drop of oil.

I had an enjoyable hour or so playing trains.

Best wishes,

Martin

• Like 5

Excellent.  Just being able to shunt around a few cars is a great stress reliever and just plain fun. I get the same enjoyment watching a local freight do its work. I spent an enjoyable few hours last summer watching a crew work a plastic bag manufacturer. They had to pull the empties after disconnecting them from the unloading pipes, take them up the siding and drop them then re-spot the loads already there to replace the empties, connect them to the unloading pipes and finally spot the cars they brought in where the cars they re-spotted were...

Best,

Jeff 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1