Woodhead substations and TSC

dave75

Hi, 

Given the lockdown and my high stocks of foam board, has anyone got any good photos or diagrams of the 1500v Dc electrical supply buildings, they would be willing to post on here. 

They are always blocked by the train on photos and I would like to get some dimensions. 

Thanks dave

• 2 weeks later...

If you can get out and not too far away, both Beeley Wood Track Section Cabin and Wharncliffe Wood sub station still exist. They are surrounded by trees and heavily graffitied. I have photos of them both which I will have to dig out. There are a couple of photos of Wharncliffe on the Wentworth Junction ‘Modelling Real Locations’ thread.

John

• 8 months later...

Here is my first attempt at West Silkstone Junction Track Section Cabin. It’s not quite finished and a bit rough around the edges. Based on measurements taken at Beeley Wood and what I can glean from the few photos I have seen of it. Barnsley Junction Sub station next!!

07526C24-7A55-430C-AFE6-2BE397AF6334.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 2 months later...

John, that looks fantastic. I'm actually modelling West Silkstone Junction for my new layout, and will need to make this myself later this year - could you help with the measurements to save me a trip to Beeley Wood? Any assistance gratefully received.

Paul

You may recognize these then.....

image.png.b55766b01cc23729d001de7131332ecb.png

The signal box was built a few years ago and is out for repairs after suffering some damage in store. The water tower is my current building project that still needs windows, doors and of course the water tank!

I keep meaning to post the measurements on here for Beeley Wood TSC and Wharncliffe Wood Sub Station.

If you are building WSJ then please post updates on here. Even if its just your plans. it would be great to see it progress.

John

• Craftsmanship/clever 2