Railway & Modelling Obituaries

John Farrow

Gwiwer

• RMweb Gold

Gosh, that’s such sad news.

Knew John well from when I used to go on his Hertfordshire Railtours in the 80”s.

A sad loss - RIP John. May God bless you and thank you for many happy days out.

• Agree 2

• Moderators

It seems opportune to mention this here for a couple of reasons.

Locomotion Models have commissioned Heljan to produce a Class 33 depicting the locomotive in the national Collection which was, of course, named 'Hertfordshire Rail Tours'. Locomotion Models have kindly donated one of these models to our prize draw starting later this week where we are raising funds for the NHS Charities Together Covid-19 Urgent Appeal in lieu of our annual Members' day in Taunton.

More details will be in this area in due course - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/forum/358-rmweb-swag-members-day-2020-in-aid-of-nhs-charities-together/

33_side.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

I've not been on many railtours recently but 10-20 years ago I was on at least two HRT/UK railtours every year.  Spoke to John on a number of occasions, a really "good chap".  On one tour almost everything seemed to be going wrong and his angry, frustrated announcements raised many sympathetic laughs but plenty of people were shaking his hand at the end of the day.

RIP John and thanks for many very happy days out.